Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Happy Birthday Marlion !
I love this guy.
One of the most unique players to wear the yellow & black, and with talent to boot.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Great story is Marlion's since 2019.

Has had a big impact on the field in his time, and off the field around the club but in the big picture of life, Marlion could very well have a very bright and big future ahead of him as a counselor with troubled Aboriginal lads in particular, and the more success he has at the RFC as an elite AFL player the more gravitas and influence and cred he will have and the more success he could achieve.

Hopefully at the very least he will be known as a Triple RFC Premiership Player after another one in 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Great story is Marlion's since 2017.

Has had a big impact on the field in his time, and off the field around the club but in the big picture of life, Marlion could very well have a very bright and big future ahead of him as a counselor with troubled Aboriginal lads in particular, and the more success he has at the RFC as an elite AFL player the more gravitas and influence and cred he will have and the more success he could achieve.

Hopefully at the very least he will be known as a Triple RFC Premiership Player after another one in 2022.
2019 Craig.

COVID has been tough on everyone, I reckon it's been especially hard for Marlion and his family. His wife and kids had just shifted over to Melbourne when COVID hit.
They've had nothing but the Hub and lockdowns ever since the poor buggers.
Is going to have some competition for a spot in the team, but I have confidence in him, especially if the season can get back to any sort of normality at some stage this season.

• Love

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Our only player that put in 120% for all 4 qtrs
Great game Marlion :clap2:clap2

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Played really well.
Some people don't rate Marlion & I'm not really sure why.
Yes at times he can be a bit patchy but he's a very good mature player who's quite flexible. I think he's a lock in our 22.

Reactions: 12 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Played really well.
Some people don't rate Marlion & I'm not really sure why.
Yes at times he can be a bit patchy but he's a very good mature player who's quite flexible. I think he's a lock in our 22.
Is great on the wing, he runs and tackles his heart out.

We need two of him, I wouldn't mind seeing in the midfield.

He could play that crunching, banging and crashing role that Cotchin has played so well the last few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
His best game for the club. Clean, hard and consistent. If that's the standard for the year he's gonna be top 5 B&F. Hopefully he's got some good contract incentives for games played and B&F finish etc.

If KMac comes back in pre-season form our wings are sorted.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Rioli, Pickett and Bolton on the same side of the ground is pretty exciting to watch

Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
BOG for us IMO. I can see why he frustrates some, but they aren't valuing his strengths enough. He ain't perfect, but he runs hard, hits hard, and generally worries the opposition.

Reactions: 10 users

mj72

Tiger Rookie
Jun 21, 2004
punt road
Intercepts, runs and likes to hurt the opposition....who I think fear him. Best for the tigers.
Wish he had held that mark - only saw the leap live and not sure how it come up on tv.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Fascinating that he seemingly wasn't going to play until McIntosh was injured.

Yeah, seems like they want one hard-running knees and elbows guy on one wing (KMac/Pickett) and something else on the other. I'd play both personally.

Reactions: 4 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Ultra competitive and totally committed. One of my favourite players to watch when he's on.

Loved that contest where he was taken to ground for a ball up, the opposition fought to rip the ball from his arms to give to the umpire, squashing him, and Marlion's competitive instincts kicked in, turning him into an unstoppable force willing to fight to the death.

I smiled right away. The Carlton bloke had no chance.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users