Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Ralphsmith appears to have the wheels for the wing role, still gathering the footy smarts. In theory I would love to see Pickett in the middle but Kmac and Marlion provide a lot of stability and running on the outside. Is there a better wing combination in the AFL right now? Can't take away one of our strengths.

Hugo will be an upgrade on Mac once he has the base training - and Mac is a pretty decent player.

Hugo has size, speed and a beautiful long kick - I can see him as a winger averaging around a goal a game when on.

Reactions: 1 user

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
anyone notice his bone crunching shepherd on a poor blue eerily similar to the one he was suspended for?
I did notice him lay a shepherd and thought he took something off it but nonetheless it was a beauty.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Hugo will be an upgrade on Mac once he has the base training - and Mac is a pretty decent player.

Hugo has size, speed and a beautiful long kick - I can see him as a winger averaging around a goal a game when on.
Longer term it is Sam Banks we want on a wing I reckon. He is probably a couple of years away but to me he looks a natural winger

Reactions: 4 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
The other thing I noticed with Marlion was during the fracas at the end of the 3rd silvagni came running in and grabbed him with the obvious intent to drag him out and throw him to the ground.
He couldn’t move him.
Jeez he’s a strong bugger.
I’m not sure if it’s the same incident but someone had him from behind and when Marlin turned around to face him the Carlton player lost all interest in trying to roughhouse him.
I’m guessing there was something in Marlin’s eyes that said it would be very detrimental to your health if you don’t back off
There are those who act tough and then there are those who don’t need to act at all

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Awesome post, WillieThursfield!

That's 195 cms 95 kgs basically getting Rag Dolled!
He is so strong.
He is also racking up some nicknames.

Whispering Death from craig
Guided Missile from Coburgtiger

I love the nicknames.

I like to refer to him as MD - Pain Department!

Any more out there?

Good Point Sintiger on Silvagni who came flying in to grapple with Marly. Just couldn't move him.

• Love

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
We should start a campaign to make the award for best tackle a thing. That one is just beautiful. Marlion clamped the arms around him, Cripps desperately tried to get out of it with a fend that was dangerously close to an elbow, did not dislodge Pickett and then got body slammed into the turf. I wonder if Towner watched with a big smile on his face.

• Love

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We should start a campaign to make the award for best tackle a thing. That one is just beautiful. Marlion clamped the arms around him, Cripps desperately tried to get out of it with a fend that was dangerously close to an elbow, did not dislodge Pickett and then got body slammed into the turf. I wonder if Towner watched with a big smile on his face.
What do you reckon about calling it, 'Show us your tackle Marlion'

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

I posted that KMac needed upgrading years ago, but was probably too harsh on him then. The two-way running has been his major contribution along with his chasing and competitiveness. The way he gets back to help the defence has been superb, stopping many opposition scoring chances.

He has worked on his game to improve both his kicking and marking; to his credit. Although still not great at either (his missed kicks still do my head in at times e.g. Saad allowed to take a mark over him Thurs. night!), KM has turned into a reliable/serviceable performer without ever becoming a really threatening player.

However, I'm convinced Hugo is the upgrade, but actually his kicking needs work on it too. He turns it over too often running i50. But, overall, should turn into a very capable wingman with greater experience.

tigre garçon

Yes, 2017, 2019 and 2020... were very good years!
Apr 22, 2004
Marlion doesn't take a step back when the heat is on in close, he is strong and tough... Plus, I reckon his skills, especially kicking, have improved in 2022. An important cog in the starting 22 for the RFC.

Reactions: 16 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
With Cotchin out Marlion is the guy to replace him in the midfield. He'll bash and crash and put his body on the line just like Chimp does.

Reactions: 5 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Better off putting Ross where he has been playing in the 2s vs putting two players in new positions

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Maybe push ‘Get’ Shorty to the wing by pushing Pickett in the midfield.

Ross if selected plays midfield for mine not wing.

Starting midfield 6
——————————-
C: KMac Pickett Short
Foll: Nankervis , Prestia, Ross

Reactions: 1 users