Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
I think it was an incident with Mathieson that he was cited for. Not the one you mentioned.
No one seems to be able to find any damning footage though.
Yes it clearly states that he wasn’t reported for the push on Bailey and that it was an incident on Mathieson. But if only Michael Christian can find it by going thru the footage and no one on this board can find an incident against Mathieson …. Is it racism or just a general loathing by one man?

Reactions: 1 user

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Careful of those drive by's Marlion.

Way too important to be rubbed out at this stage of the season.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Yes it clearly states that he wasn’t reported for the push on Bailey and that it was an incident on Mathieson. But if only Michael Christian can find it by going thru the footage and no one on this board can find an incident against Mathieson …. Is it racism or just a general loathing by one man?
To me the loathing part disappears from contention due to the frequency.
I sincerely hope the club are doing something about raising this issue because if Marlion is the only AFL player doing the wrong thing according to Christian something stinks in a big way.
He is playing footy for *smile* sake. Even the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
As many posters have mentioned, the targetting of Marlion from a footy perspective just makes zero sense.

In the old school sense of the term, I'd classify Jeremy Cameron as a 'dirty' player. Flying with elbows, landing on players to hurt, knees into heads and back, late hits, eye gouging. And not in the white line fever style of a Toby Greene .

I've never seen this in Marlion. He plays hard and fair.

Reactions: 13 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Reckon Marlion coat hangered Gud Ol' Mitch cos he knows from being on the field of play with him what we all know from the stands...Mitch is a twat.
im probably on my own here, but I dont mind Robinson. He is a doofus, but i reckon he plays a bit similar to Pickett- he will hit hard if he gets the chance, but he doesnt sook when he gets hit. There are plenty on the league who would still be lying in the middle of the MCG after that 'tackle', but he got up pretty quickly and ahd he shot. after his miss he didnt grab his head, or try to blame the hit he just got on with the game.
Not a great footballer, not the smartest guy going around, but i reckon he knows it.

Reactions: 6 users

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
any chance we can sign marlion up for another 2 years (min) pronto?
& eliminate any possible frustrations from that perspective.

if anyone deserves it he does...adored by all i know.
i'd be surprised if there's a club/player that wouldn't want him.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Was within the rules however can you imagine the outrage if Pickett lined someone up like Dixon did tonight?

Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Heavily strapped thigh.
Has lost mobility and probably caused his dramatic loss of form.
But that goal was theatrical

Reactions: 3 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
If we have observed anything with Marlion is that he is a pretty quiet and humble player and person. How could he not be with his life story?

Who knows what that feral said to him when he was lining up for that goal - to see Marlion turn back to him straight away like that, would not be at all surprised that those ferals touched on his previous history.

Reactions: 1 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
last quarter was big for us. Goal topped it off. Hurt, injured but gave his all. A great player in our great team.

Reactions: 2 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
If we have observed anything with Marlion is that he is a pretty quiet and humble player and person. How could he not be with his life story?

Who knows what that feral said to him when he was lining up for that goal - to see Marlion turn back to him straight away like that, would not be at all surprised that those ferals touched on his previous history.
Nahhhhhhhhhhh.It all looked pretty harmless too me.

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

Being Port supporters they might have some history in common.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
In his best season has he been down a bit the last month? Great goal. Could have easily and justifiably dropped it into the hot spot but he took on the responsibility.

Reactions: 2 users