Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
No doubt he and KMac are head and shoulders our best wingers, and it's an important role. But so is centre square mid. At least he should have gone in for more bounces before playing wing in normal play.
Like this idea.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Not to mention he won a Norm Goss Medal and got Norm Smith votes playing in the guts.

I think it's as simple as he and KMac are our best wingers by a long way and it's a role we value highly especially on the wide expanses of the G. And we only have one of him. However with Ross having played the role Marlion should have gone inside last night. And next year, unless we get two starting on-ballers in the trade period.
Sam Banks the key here. If continues with his development he will eventually take one of those wings giving us more flexibility to play Marlion in the guts.

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Sam Banks the key here. If continues with his development he will eventually take one of those wings giving us more flexibility to play Marlion in the guts.

I agree., Big pre-season from him and who knows next year. Good body on him, strong runner.

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
We have to find another winger or groom to play that role.

Pickett has got to play midfield next year. Made his name as one.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
How good was it that Marlion won the David Mandie Community Award, I'm so pleased for Marlion, I love the bloke.

If you look in a dictionary for the meaning of humble, there's a photo of Marlion.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
How good was it that Marlion won the David Mandie Community Award, I'm so pleased for Marlion, I love the bloke.

If you look in a dictionary for the meaning of humble, there's a photo of Marlion.
My 12 year old son recently ran into Marion at our local basketball court, went up to him and asked if he could play one on one against him. Marlion was great, said yeah let’s do it and they played against each other for about 5 minutes. My boy got the win, carefully stage managed by Marlion, of course. He then went on to play a game with Marlion and his two oldest boys for the next half hour. Loved it! One of those moments when your child is just elevated. Couldn’t stop talking about it for the next week.
This is how these guys, our children’s heroes, make a statement, an impact. I’m so grateful, wasn’t even there to see it, but the way my boy spoke about it is something I’ll never forget.

• Love
Reactions: 51 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
My 12 year old son recently ran into Marion at our local basketball court, went up to him and asked if he could play one on one against him. Marlion was great, said yeah let’s do it and they played against each other for about 5 minutes. My boy got the win, carefully stage managed by Marlion, of course. He then went on to play a game with Marlion and his two oldest boys for the next half hour. Loved it! One of those moments when your child is just elevated. Couldn’t stop talking about it for the next week.
This is how these guys, our children’s heroes, make a statement, an impact. I’m so grateful, wasn’t even there to see it, but the way my boy spoke about it is something I’ll never forget.
They say you should never meet your hero's, but of course Marlion is an exception to that rule.

Reactions: 3 users

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
Funny you should say that tigerman. My personal heroes had, for a long time, been my Dad, Weary Dunlop, Jack Dyer and Paul Kelly. After running into one of these blokes in the street a few years ago (not my Dad), my list of heroes is now one fewer.

Reactions: 1 user

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Funny you should say that tigerman. My personal heroes had, for a long time, been my Dad, Weary Dunlop, Jack Dyer and Paul Kelly. After running into one of these blokes in the street a few years ago (not my Dad), my list of heroes is now one fewer.
Hater

1664283749453.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
There’s a remarkable number of Paul Kelly’s to love or hate in Australia.
I don’t hate any of them but my love for one of them is slightly diminished.
Comedy is still gold.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
What the hell are Marlion's kids playing basketball for, get a footy in their hands ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

Well said.

I'd love the club to get a bit of media training into the likes of he and Bolton so we can hear more from them.

Reactions: 5 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I've just finished reading Marlions book "Belief".

What a story & what a life he's led, so far. So inspirational for not only Indigenous people but for anyone from any walk of life & situation.

A truly remarkable man.

Marlion you are a hero in my eyes.

Congratulations on winning The David Mandie Award

Reactions: 18 users