Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
@taztiger4 will have to confirm , however met the wife of late Premiership player Colin Beard on Thursday night , lovely lady , she told Taz that Colin had a bit to do with us getting Marlion .

Reactions: 6 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Could not agree more. 1st half was excellent, was very disappointed to see him subbed out - although it was preplanned apparently
He 8 disposals in the 1st 1/4. 1 in each of the 2nd and 3rd. I know Picketts influence goes way beyond disposals, but his influence dropped way off.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
He 8 disposals in the 1st 1/4. 1 in each of the 2nd and 3rd. I know Picketts influence goes way beyond disposals, but his influence dropped way off.
Actually his game was more than his disposals - because there were a few occasions where his hardness at the ball and the opposition just changed the flow of the game in our favour - either by forcing a stoppage or allowing a teammate to get the ball

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Actually his game was more than his disposals - because there were a few occasions where his hardness at the ball and the opposition just changed the flow of the game in our favour - either by forcing a stoppage or allowing a teammate to get the ball
I dont disagree at all. but his impact definitely waned after a huge 1st quarter.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Agree , makes less an less mistakes , I wonder what he may have been if givin the opportunity at a younger age
Stacky mark 1. The Foosh had more than his fair share of issue as a youngster, so easy to think that he'd have been extremely similar to Stacky had he entered the AFL system as a teen.
Got a missus, got kids, already been down the *smile* road of maybe no return before he realised he had one final opportunity to put the head down n focus on the real important stuff of life n make a career in footy.
Done brilliantly since has Marlion, One could only have hoped that Stacky could have seen n learn't from Marlion's life story but he obviously wasn't paying much attention.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Stacky mark 1. The Foosh had more than his fair share of issue as a youngster, so easy to think that he'd have been extremely similar to Stacky had he entered the AFL system as a teen.
Got a missus, got kids, already been down the *smile* road of maybe no return before he realised he had one final opportunity to put the head down n focus on the real important stuff of life n make a career in footy.
Done brilliantly since has Marlion, One could only have hoped that Stacky could have seen n learn't from Marlion's life story but he obviously wasn't paying much attention.
Marlion should have followed him on Tik Tok to get stacky's attention

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
The way Marlion is going he may play until he is 39 and be the first father to play an AFL game with his son.:giggle:

Reactions: 4 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Is getting better each season.
@taztiger4 will have to confirm , however met the wife of late Premiership player Colin Beard on Thursday night , lovely lady , she told Taz that Colin had a bit to do with us getting Marlion .
Colin was a Life Member @ South Fremantle as well as Richmond, his widow told me that Colin would keep our recruiting team updated on Marlion regularly & incessantly :), it worked !

She also said his Life Member rights @ South Freo passed when Colin passed but she still has access to Colin's RFC Life Member rights until she goes.

Reactions: 5 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Had an impact BUT had 8 touches in the first quarter and 2 across the second and third. Cleary ran out of puff. The sub was the right call.

There was talk that he was fit as a fiddle while training remotely and then came back and Ceaser's good oil told us that he was in rehab a fair bit.

We need the first-quarter Pickett across the entire game. He's an interesting watch, how fit is he?