Welcome to the Tigers Mate Colina | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Mate Colina

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Massive learning curve for Maaaate. Reckon I might think about joining the Maaaate farce thread in 2024 at the earliest, until then happy for him to trundle around in the magoos n have some fun.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Pfft. Armchair professionals. “I haven’t seen him play but he’ll debut this year.”
I don’t understand why some people say that crap.
Why don't you know more about football seven?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Massive learning curve for Maaaate. Reckon I might think about joining the Maaaate farce thread in 2024 at the earliest, until then happy for him to trundle around in the magoos n have some fun.
He'll fit right in, there were plenty of others just trundling around last Wednesday :mhihi

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
From what I saw on Thursday night, he has mastered the art of putting his hand up when he wants to contest the in the ruck. He has also mastered the art of standing exactly in the middle of the goal square and making all the defenders go around him. Good luck pushing him around in there.

He is a ruckman! Surely there can’t be that much more that he has to learn.

BTW, I can remember seeing an early VFL game from Soldo. He had more than 75 hit outs and less than 3 were to advantage. Most of the rest were either at his own feet or smashed over the boundary line.

it will take Mate a while.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
From what I saw on Thursday night, he has mastered the art of putting his hand up when he wants to contest the in the ruck.
Ha, yeah, noticed that too, loved putting his hand up for the nomination.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
From what I saw on Thursday night, he has mastered the art of putting his hand up when he wants to contest the in the ruck. He has also mastered the art of standing exactly in the middle of the goal square and making all the defenders go around him. Good luck pushing him around in there.

BTW, I can remember seeing an early VFL game from Soldo. He had more than 75 hit outs and less than 3 were to advantage. Most of the rest were either at his own feet or smashed over the boundary line.

I thought he mastered 'stand' pretty well.

• Haha

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Step 1. Mate needs to learn to widen his stance at ball ups and boundary throw ins and use his legs and core to hold his ground. Once he does that, no one will budge him.
Step 2. Tackle to hurt like Nanks. Maximum damage required. Will give away a couple of frees. And maim some pesky smalls

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

You sound like a pesky small.
Becoming a ruckman takes dedication and hard intensity. Knees, elbows, bumps and thumps.
It can take years to develop an adequate mean streak.
But most rucks are spuds. Don't got to learn much beyond the mantra: compete for everything

• Haha

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
You sound like a pesky small.
Becoming a ruckman takes dedication and hard intensity. Knees, elbows, bumps and thumps.
It can take years to develop an adequate mean streak.
But most rucks are spuds. Don't got to learn much beyond the mantra: compete for everything

Nah TOT is a 6' 8" giant who intimidates all around him.

Beware Dell. Beware.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Step 1. Mate needs to learn to widen his stance at ball ups and boundary throw ins and use his legs and core to hold his ground. Once he does that, no one will budge him.
Step 2. Tackle to hurt like Nanks. Maximum damage required. Will give away a couple of frees. And maim some pesky smalls
This will all come in time now that he is concentrating on AFL'
I truly believe we will see a very different player in 12 months time

Im thinking 2025 is about the time he should be playing as our #1 Ruckman if he does make it to that level

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Still barely out of basketball mode so we shouldn't expect much from him this season and maybe the next as it will take time to educate in all matters rucking. Meanwhile we have Ryan who seems to be improving fats and now starting to look the goods

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Has he ever replied ?

probably went straight to junk mail
Use to email Wallace but he ended up blocking my email address. So had to create several new ones to get through to him.
Who knows, if he took my advice he might have got a premiership

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
After that 1st mark i thought maybe Carter will be right, and he will debut this year. after the rest of the game not so much.

hopefully no one was expecting much, and everyone could just enjoy that fact that he is finally out there, and very much at the start of his journey.

i said we might have a look at him (or at Ryan) for a single game if finals were off the agenda (for five VFL games worth of experience) but carry on by all means

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Not sure if this was posted earlier but he needs to learn where to stand for boundary throw-ins. Several times last week he seemed to be a fair distance from where the ball was going to drop. His opponent was happy to stand next to him but ran off him as the ball was in flight and was basically uncontested.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Not looking good for Mate, on the indefinite list which usually means long term. That’d be bad enough if he were an established player but as he’s a newcomer to footy ands the games in him to develop it just means any development gets pushed back further. He’s not going to play seniors this season so it’s on to 2024.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Might be time to cut the cord and look elsewhere, especially blokes that big with crocked backs.

Now the Maggots last week (of course) have guaranteed and AFL rookie cat B spot to another Basketballer heading to the USA, should it not work out.

Benefit for them is he has already played footy as a junior.

They are the Tin Arses of the AFL ...................................