Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I have Cornehole on ignore. Don't listen or watch any show he is on. Its much better that way.

I need to become mates with Jabba the Hutch so I can get paid to be a Troll all day.
I just ignore the whole station during the week now unless it is to listen to our game broadcast.

Reactions: 1 users

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
The thing I find weird about Broad is he a role player who rarely gets many touches but does his job very well. He's the kind of player that coaches love and supporters take for granted.

Yet he rarely seems to get coaches votes and doesn't have a great record (as far as I can remember) in the Jack Dyer Medal.

Actually think supporters might rate him higher than the match committee.

Anyway, I had him second best-on versus the Hawks.

Reactions: 3 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
More then a role player.
his intercept marking has improved a lot. And uses his speed to be the 3rd man to spoil marks is top notch.
Great player.

Isn't it great though that the media make him out to be a role player. Means no one else is prepared to try and lure him away from us.

I remember when GC were interested and looked to be likely to get him. Then Leigh Matthews comes out and warns them publicly that Broad is a 'role player'.

In Leigh's defence, he did say you need to be careful recruiting role players rather than say they absolutely shouldn't, but to this day I am convinced GC ended their interest then and there.

Reactions: 1 user

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Isn't it great though that the media make him out to be a role player. Means no one else is prepared to try and lure him away from us.

I remember when GC were interested and looked to be likely to get him. Then Leigh Matthews comes out and warns them publicly that Broad is a 'role player'.

In Leigh's defence, he did say you need to be careful recruiting role players rather than say they absolutely shouldn't, but to this day I am convinced GC ended their interest then and there.

Yet Leigh Matthews gave him two votes for the Norm Smith...sort of.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The thing I find weird about Broad is he a role player who rarely gets many touches but does his job very well. He's the kind of player that coaches love and supporters take for granted.

Yet he rarely seems to get coaches votes and doesn't have a great record (as far as I can remember) in the Jack Dyer Medal.

Actually think supporters might rate him higher than the match committee.

Anyway, I had him second best-on versus the Hawks.
Was a bit strange to see him not feature in the coaches votes. Must admit though upon watching the game on the day I didn’t have him in our top 5 either initially. He’s a very good player but also relatively inconspicuous. Just gets the job done every week with minimal fuss. What more can you ask?

Reactions: 4 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Was a bit strange to see him not feature in the coaches votes. Must admit though upon watching the game on the day I didn’t have him in our top 5 either initially. He’s a very good player but also relatively inconspicuous. Just gets the job done every week with minimal fuss. What more can you ask?
Stealth.
Just sneaks up on 'em.
Love Broady. Real team player.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
According to most Meedjia experts n all the oppo fans, we've only got a Dusty n 21 role players.
Dickheads are simply to thick to realise that's what makes us sooooooo farking good. 21 players head down arse up doing the role the coach tells them to n Dusty just quietly cruising around doing his thing. No confusion, no overlapping of role allocations, everyone just trundling along happily doing what's required.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
According to most Meedjia experts n all the oppo fans, we've only got a Dusty n 21 role players.
Dickheads are simply to thick to realise that's what makes us sooooooo farking good. 21 players head down arse up doing the role the coach tells them to n Dusty just quietly cruising around doing his thing. No confusion, no overlapping of role allocations, everyone just trundling along happily doing what's required.
Yup the same philosphy of Bellichick at the Patriots.

Think that was where Dimma got it from.

"Do Your Job" !!! thats it. Not his job not their job ..............do yours.

We have a lot of unglamorous players in our side no doubt, but they are the epitome of a champion Team.

Guys who are happy for others to get the accolades whilst they collect their place in history along with Premiership Medals.

Dangerflog might have his Brownlow and lots of profile and might be remembered longer in AFL circles than a Broad or Castagna or Lambert, or Nankervis, Graham, Baker, Astbury or McIntosh but they all have numerous Premiership medals and will always be part of something greater than themselves as individuals.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yup the same philosophy of Bellichick at the Patriots.

Think that was where Dimma got it from.

"Do Your Job" !!! thats it. Not his job not their job ..............do yours.

We have a lot of unglamorous players in our side no doubt, but they are the epitome of a champion Team.

Guys who are happy for others to get the accolades whilst they collect their place in history along with Premiership Medals.

Dangerflog might have his Brownlow and lots of profile and might be remembered longer in AFL circles than a Broad or Castagna or Lambert, or Nankervis, Graham, Baker, Astbury or McIntosh but they all have numerous Premiership medals and will always be part of something greater than themselves as individuals.

Danger would give his Brownlow and his left nut for a Premiership medal, which is what pisses him off so much. All those triple premiership players at Richmond who Danger sees as beneath him have 3 medals while he has none.

Everybody knows what is valuable in football: premierships.

DS

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Broad is ace. I thought he was close to BOG against the Dawks.

his mark in the last quarter of the gran final was when I thought we had it - just the way he read it and took it gave me a feeling of confidence.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
He's come so far since 2017, when he was not standing out at VFL level and then busted his shoulder. It looked like career over but he came back better and took his chance when it came.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Our Broady was RSN this morning, he was very good as you'd expect, have a listen to the great man.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I thought he was our best player again yesterday. Arguably been our best over the first 3 rounds.
Near always makes a good decision with the ball even under extreme pressure.
Great to see that he's continuing to improve.

Reactions: 1 user