Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

Pddavey

Tiger Cub
Aug 21, 2020
Speaking of broad would love to see him play the wing role. Feel he would be an upgrade on caddy even Pickett. Would have defensive running power to hold the position . Just need to reorganise defence a little allows us bring back Astbury or even Miller a go

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Speaking of broad would love to see him play the wing role. Feel he would be an upgrade on caddy even Pickett. Would have defensive running power to hold the position . Just need to reorganise defence a little allows us bring back Astbury or even Miller a go
Nice idea, but he's too valuable down back. Mr fix it. Can play on talls and smalls and shut them out of the game. Been our best defender this year.

Reactions: 4 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Broad has been pretty much high standard this season.
Most games he has excelled at his job and made significant contributions down back.
Is every bit a vital cog in the backline.
Just really like the way he goes about it. Hard, competitive and no nonsense.
I know they're different players (and from different eras) but he sort of reminds me of Merv Keane in the way he plays the game.

Reactions: 5 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I love this bloke, and his partner has great eyebrows. Congratulations to them

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why do every other half back flanker always get mentioned in the press like Ryan, Stewart Burn crap Jones etc but Broad misses out.
3 time premiership player.

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
In the 2019 preseason? games Broad was trialled at wing and did a very good job at it so we know he can play there and excel but right now is is needed to shore up our defence. A bargain pick was our Broady and looking forward to see him hit his 100 games and beyond. I would still like to give Miller a go to se if he has it at AFL level and we have a couple of slightly easier games to try him out. If we don't hen he is a wasted pick and four odd years of training also wasted.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Everytime I watch him play these days, I want to send Leigh Matthews a beer for saying Broad was just a role player and putting Gold Coast right off him.

Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Why do every other half back flanker always get mentioned in the press like Ryan, Stewart Burn crap Jones etc but Broad misses out.
3 time premiership player.
3 flags would indicate He hasn’t missed out zips.
After Rance he’s the player who’s improved more than any other from his first year to now. Every year better than the last. Very few down games. A fight with Nank as to who is our most consistent/reliable player.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
His improvement over time is insane.

Our recruiters seem to keep recruiting blokes who have a strong drive to get better (along with an elite trait to begin with).

Would be an awesome workplace.

Reactions: 1 users

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
3 flags would indicate He hasn’t missed out zips.
After Rance he’s the player who’s improved more than any other from his first year to now. Every year better than the last. Very few down games. A fight with Nank as to who is our most consistent/reliable player.
I reckon opposition clubs would regard him very highly.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Was very shaken last night before the injury. Dropping everything, a few timid moments, ball use was shakey and looked lost. Worst game in three years. Still disappointing to lose him for an extended period.

Reactions: 1 user