Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
That’s probably the coolest tattoo I’ve ever noticed.

He’ll be looking for any excuse to take his jumper off during a game now

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Just watched Broad's best bits on the club website. I reckon they missed quite a few though. Many underestimate the value Broad brings to the team. Not the most skilful of players but his intensity, hard running, ability to play on anyone, always there to close down opposition and kamikaze last ditch spoils or tackles are so invaluable to our three years of outstanding success

Reactions: 10 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Just watched Broad's best bits on the club website. I reckon they missed quite a few though. Many underestimate the value Broad brings to the team. Not the most skilful of players but his intensity, hard running, ability to play on anyone, always there to close down opposition and kamikaze last ditch spoils or tackles are so invaluable to our three years of outstanding success
Caught it this morning. All the premiership player highlights have been good value

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
They have predicted a first round 22 on afl.hush and Broady gets left right out.
Seriously ... he’s a dual premiership player with us and his opponent doesn’t get a sniff while Broady kills all their air balls and rebounds away.

we just won our 2nd modern flag and he’s played in both.

ok so absolutely Rance and graham come back into a premiership 22.

Mcintosh stack Ross balta and others all want to play.

I’m sure broad keeps his spot despite the competition.

Reactions: 5 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
They have predicted a first round 22 on afl.hush and Broady gets left right out.
Seriously ... he’s a dual premiership player with us and his opponent doesn’t get a sniff while Broady kills all their air balls and rebounds away.

Short is first out in my opinion

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
It’s an amazing problem to have. Can never remember such selection dilemmas in my time watching the Tigers.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Because the person that wrote the article is an imbecile and lazy journo.

Broad is not a straight swap for Rance.

Its like nobody outside of the club understands his role, journos especially, even a lot of Tigers fans still don't get it.

If they cared to look back to 2017 he played in a premiership with Rance, Dave Tigga, and Dylan.

In 2018 He played the whole season alongside Rance, Dave, Tigga and Dylan.

In round 1 2019, he played alongside Rance, Dave Tigga, and Dylan.

Media are imbeciles we play a 7 -8 man defence rotating Nathan plays small and tall which is key he covers all and has done so since he came into the side in 2017 and has been the reason why Rance and Vlastuin are able to play as intercept defenders.

Broad also as a point of difference has the best winning percentage of all players in the AFL for games played over 50 games in the comp.

Might be a reason behind it, he is a defensive key that goes unnoticed every week because he does the jobs that go unnoticed yet afford some luxuries to his higher profile team mates in the back half.

Had a good year punching above his weight in a few playing some very good games that went unnoticed ie slapping Hipwood two weeks in a row in round 23 and up in Bris in the Q/F, also shut down Himmelberg and others. Also has the ability to go onto a wing or even run as a defensive mid due to his pace and elite tank for example he tagged Whitfield for a quarter at the mcg when he was killing us and then returned to play out the game on Himmelberg., hence he is one of the Tigers most versatile units. Not many like him running around in the AFL.

One other thing is that he has played well or done his job in pretty much every final or in most big games.

Is in the best 22 is an understated and yet important cog in the machine and a reason he has 2 premiership medallions, and the RFC has two flags.

Is he a pretty footballer .......no.
Do fans flock to games to watch him play ......no
Does he make the odd clanger .....yes
Is he the most unassuming player that takes the field every week for the RFC ......... most likely.
Is he a Richmond Man .....yes
Is he effective ..... obviously yes.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Because the person that wrote the article is an imbecile and lazy journo.

Broad is not a straight swap for Rance.

Its like nobody outside of the club understands his role, journos especially, even a lot of Tigers fans still don't get it.

If they cared to look back to 2017 he played in a premiership with Rance, Dave Tigga, and Dylan.

In 2018 He played the whole season alongside Rance, Dave, Tigga and Dylan.

In round 1 2019, he played alongside Rance, Dave Tigga, and Dylan.

Media are imbeciles we play a 7 -8 man defence rotating Nathan plays small and tall which is key he covers all and has done so since he came into the side in 2017 and has been the reason why Rance and Vlastuin are able to play as intercept defenders.

Broad also as a point of difference has the best winning percentage of all players in the AFL for games played over 50 games in the comp.

Might be a reason behind it, he is a defensive key that goes unnoticed every week because he does the jobs that go unnoticed yet afford some luxuries to his higher profile team mates in the back half.

Had a good year punching above his weight in a few playing some very good games that went unnoticed ie slapping Hipwood two weeks in a row in round 23 and up in Bris in the Q/F, also shut down Himmelberg and others. Also has the ability to go onto a wing or even run as a defensive mid due to his pace and elite tank for example he tagged Whitfield for a quarter at the mcg when he was killing us and then returned to play out the game on Himmelberg., hence he is one of the Tigers most versatile units. Not many like him running around in the AFL.

One other thing is that he has played well or done his job in pretty much every final or in most big games.

Is in the best 22 is an understated and yet important cog in the machine and a reason he has 2 premiership medallions, and the RFC has two flags.

Is he a pretty footballer .......no.
Do fans flock to games to watch him play ......no
Does he make the odd clanger .....yes
Is he the most unassuming player that takes the field every week for the RFC ......... most likely.
Is he a Richmond Man .....yes
Is he effective ..... obviously yes.

Says it all about the value Broad brings to our team week in and week out. An integral part of the best defence group in the league.
Only one comment Broady didn't play the whole of 2018 alongside Rance, Astbury Grimes and Vlastuin due to his three week Boobgate holiday.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Love Broady...... are we sure he actually has 2 medallions or is one still on loan?:cool:

Reactions: 1 user

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Short is first out in my opinion

Totally agree, if broad goes out of the team and short stays in, ill be amazed. Good on shorty but one of the luckiest premiership players of all time. Stack---------------------------------------------------------->short

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

He’s basically underrated by everyone outside of Punt Road. He’s an example of what you want from a speculative mature age pick. The only reason non Richmond people know him is for the boob pic after the 2017 GF. He’s important to our structure and plays a vital, if unheralded, role in the defence. The fact that he consistently holds his spot in what has become of the competitions premier defences underlines how good he actually is.

Reactions: 4 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Has been a few lucky ones.

Every time I see poor Daryl's name it reminds me of the Friday night following the 1980 grand final and we were queued up outside the Richmond Social Club and poor old Daryl rocked up past everyone and pulled the old line...

"Don't ya know who I am? .... on the bouncer..... 'nah, *smile* off and wait for ya turn mate!'
Hilarious at the time, bit ashamed of meself for laughing now:confused:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Somehow when reading this post about poor ol Darryl (Premiership Player) getting fresh aired (at the RFC Social club no less), I couldnt help but get a vision of that Simpsons episode with Darryl Strawberry shedding a tear when being heckled at the baseball game ..........Deeeerrrrrryyyyllllll Deeeeeeeeerrrrryyyyllll ;)

Poor Freamey ...... what a rebuff.

Come to think of it now, how ironic is this as this is on the Broady thread, that for all intents and purposes the twins wearing Nathans 2017 medal in that picture are seemigly more famous than poor old Darryl Freame.

Poor Darryl....................

Last edited: