Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yep its been very costly, that clanger or two , he kills us every week

You're just a hater ;) ;);)

Just admit it man and you'll feel a lot better ha ha ha ha.

Keep up the good work with the reports. cheers.

We are so good one has to be picky when trying to find a reason to replace one with another, a good position to be in!

Reactions: 1 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
The real question is, are our half back flankers going to be Short and Broad, like my appearance, or a Short Stack, like my favourite breakfast?

Tough decision!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Why when hes played most of his games and in a Premiership with Rance in the same side.

No Stack/Baker/Pickett pushing their cases back then. Rance return allows Grimes to return to that 3rd tall/medium defender role. Does place some pressure on Broad/Short/Baker given Rance/Astbury/Grimes/Valstuin/Houli all measurably in front of them. It may depend on the opposition.

I personally would have Short out of the backline before Broad & Baker. Baker is a much better footballer with more composure and better disposal. More courage. As does Broad who also has flexibility in the roles he can play.

I know they like Short's metres gained but the rest can easily take up the slack there. They are all good athletes and Vlas/Baker are super decision makers and disposers.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Baker will be out before Broad

Baker will also be out before Shorty
I don't agree but I'm biased towards Baker. Reckon he's got a stack of improvement in him and has Short covered in almost every aspect of the game except long kicking.

Some very tough selection decisions although unlikely to have our top 26-28 players available every week.

Baker has the ability to go forward which may keep him in good stead.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I don't agree but I'm biased towards Baker. Reckon he's got a stack of improvement in him and has Short covered in almost every aspect of the game except long kicking.

Some very tough selection decisions although unlikely to have our top 26-28 players available every week.

Stack will walk straight back in either for short or baker.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

And Shorty started as a forward

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Great position to be in , our back 6-9 can rotate as they want to , injuries will be there so w4 have it covered .

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Has had an ok pre season but I'm sure the coaching staff will be telling him he doesn't always need to spoil..:oops:

He’s being cloned into a Grimes.
First spoil everything, then mark everything, then destroy everyone. He’s on the right trajectory.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Has had an ok pre season but I'm sure the coaching staff will be telling him he doesn't always need to spoil..:oops:

Gotta back yourself in those circumstances,the double fist spoil on our own defender was a shocker it wasn't a one off either.

Broad can mark so do so.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
One of our best the other day
Agree. Hard wired to be our third man up guy and as he's not the tallest, has got used to stretching that one arm up.
And been fantastic at doing just that.
Hard to adjust sometimes and yeah he could back himself more, but an relatively unsung warrior that is vital to the backline.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
unsung warrior that is vital to the backline.
Agree @17 ...... it's like he's been there forever and he's only played 50 odd games.

Bit like whenever you go to the pub and the same bloke sitting on the stool at the end of the bar is doing just that!

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Agree @17 ...... it's like he's been there forever and he's only played 50 odd games.

Bit like whenever you go to the pub and the same bloke sitting on the stool at the end of the bar is doing just that!

This. Still very junior in games played. He has been a sensational pick up. Stood up with Rance not playing. Another big year ahead for him!!

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Where's all the Broady Knockers??
He was sensational tonight.
Vice hands

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Broady was good tonight takes the hits dishes em out and does the hard yards.

Won some key ball and a few telling contests tonight.

He's never gonna be in the paper in the best players even if he puts in a valuable game cos he doesn't get much footy playing as a negator but what he does is important to the side.

Even when he has played a bloody good game he still goes relatively unnoticed and unheralded

Team man through and through, just does his job which is an unglamorous one.

Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
the question needs to be asked,

does broadly have the toughest head in the game?