Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Tough as nails. Hard as a cat's head. Great foot soldier.

Top game last night :clap2

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Only played 56 games too. Improves every season. If he adds that aerial presence like he showed last night - our backline gets stronger again.

He must have one of the best Win % currently playing for any player with greater than 50 games

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Tough as nails. Hard as a cat's head. Great foot soldier.

Top game last night :clap2

I think the time has come for us to point out tomcats,

and say,

'he's got a head like Nathan Broad'

they should be really fast tomcats too

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Actually was one of our better performers tonight, nothing flash but stood up and competed.

Along with TIgga and Grimes who were our best 2 for mine and Houli and Short the Tigers best contributors were our defenders.

Was thrown all over the park especially in the second half to run with Smith who carved our wingmen up in the first half, did a good job then into the ruck in the second half at times especially around the ground.

Typical solid citizen effort.

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Twice this Broad has been sent to the wing to provide hard run, and a contest, in the pre season he started there and played the whole game and was in the best players

Unless we can find 2 wingman to bring the effort the side is missing I won't be surprised at all if Broady gets plonked on the wing with Noah possibly recalled to defence.

Broads tank and defensive running would allow for him to drop back into defence to assist Noah and Dave and allow TIgga to still get free to intercept.

Of course the other defensive wing option is Grover.

Nathan would certainly be a good defensive wing option but it would then rob the defence of a solid negator.

Grover might be back soon as the defensive winger, or Noah might get another chance if they decide to send Broady to the wing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Twice this year in the 4 games played Broad has been sent to the wing to provide hard run, and a contest, in the pre season he started there and played the whole game and was in the best players.

Unless we can find 2 wingman to bring the effort the side is missing I won't be surprised at all if Broady gets plonked on the wing with Noah possibly recalled to defence.

Broads tank and defensive running would allow for him to drop back into defence to assist Noah and Dave and allow TIgga to still get free to intercept.

Nathan would certainly be a good defensive wing option but it would then rob the defence of a solid negator.

Grover might be back soon as the defensive winger, or Noah might get another chance if they decide to send Broady to the wing.

We need to fix this area of the ground as sides ( last two weeks ) are cutting us up.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Twice this year in the 4 games played Broad has been sent to the wing to provide hard run, and a contest, in the pre season he started there and played the whole game and was in the best players.

Grover for mine and keep the continuity in the back 7

Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
The should have kept Brando sentiment is rampant atm. Why not just play one of the 2 genuine wingmen who are playing well in the 2’s instead of back men or slow mids. The coaches seen obsessed with replacing Grigg who pulled it off cos he was clever and he had a gut runner on the others side.Remember bobble anyone?

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We need to fix this area of the ground as sides ( last two weeks ) are cutting us up.

Yep we've got no run on the ground coming from forward half or the wings.

When a team like the Tigers don't run they get spanked.

A Lack of fitness,a lack of desire , or a lack of mental application or will who knows but they are not running.

This is the Tigers issue right here.

Grover for mine and keep the continuity in the back 7

I agree, I reckon this was an idea in Pre Season that they were looking at.

Reactions: 1 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Twice this Broad has been sent to the wing to provide hard run, and a contest, in the pre season he started there and played the whole game and was in the best players

Pies use Chris Mayne like this . Tall with a good tank