Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I think he's got the athletic and defensive tools to play wing.

However with Kamdyn on the other wing, don't we need at least one of them to be a creative link man? Not sure my man Kamdyn can fill that role. Can Broad?

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I think he's got the athletic and defensive tools to play wing.

However with Kamdyn on the other wing, don't we need at least one of them to be a creative link man? Not sure my man Kamdyn can fill that role. Can Broad?

Broad can play wing just as well as anyone else aerobically.

He can also drop back into defence to assist.

Are they looking to have the two 6'3 running beasts to be defensive thorns to obstruct opposition transitions as defensive mids between the arcs that allow the running half backs to come through behind them on the burn.

Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Broad can play wing just as well as anyone else aerobically.

He can also drop back into defence to assist.

Are they looking to have the two 6'3 running beasts to be defensive thorns to obstruct opposition transitions as defensive mids between the arcs that allow the running half backs to come through behind them on the burn.

Interesting thoughts Craigy.

Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Just a wild theory or thought Ant, as there seems to have been talk they are working on Broad to the wing or another position.

Who knows.
Whatever the club are deciding, one thing for sure is Broady will embrace it and show his worth yet again. He loves his footy so will do anything to ensure a game at the top level. He is a Richmond man and proud of it

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Just a wild theory or thought Ant, as there seems to have been talk they are working on Broad to the wing or another position.

Who knows.

I don't know about the Broad thing either, but as a left-field idea it's a good one.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I think if it's not wing, it's a third tall (defensive) forward. I can't see - with my limited footy creativity- any other place he'd fit.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Re-tooling Broad doesn't sound weird. We did that to Caddy last year I think (or was it the year before) when he changed role from mobile forward to winger. It worked.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Been waiting for that Dr Jazz well played :mhihi
I was a slow converter to Broady (you've been the day one ultimate fan) and think this has been his best year by far and was shocked at his omission. If he doesn't come in for Grimes i'll be staggered and it will point to him definitely leaving at years end.

Will be difficult selection nights if he comes in and plays well.

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
For those that watched the match how did Boobsy go last night?
You are always gonna get a guy that tries his best so I’m very comfortable with him in the team if he’s required... but honestly think he’s first out of that backline when grimes is back...

And no chance when astbury is fit too

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Just does his job and doesn't let his teammates or the club down every time he takes the field even when asked to play out of position. Important to our structure so should stay in the side whoever else comes in. The other thing I like about Broady is if one of the guys screws up, Broady is there to console and encourage.