Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Yeah its one of those things that just doesn't float some peoples boat. I personally think its genius, but there are some shows everyone seems to find hilarious and I'm the same as you are with seinfeld.
It took me until a couple of years ago to realise that it has dated. And that it was really just a fresh take on an exiting comedic formula - think All In The Family, The Carol Burnett Show (parts of) and Barney Miller.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
I still haven't got around to loving Broad. He's Mister Invisible on the field from my perspective. But then, so is his opponent.

I'd prefer Markov.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I still haven't got around to loving Broad. He's Mister Invisible on the field from my perspective. But then, so is his opponent.

I'd prefer Markov.

I'm not sure if you go to the games, but I miss it a lot. Broad is one of those guys you looks bog average on tv but you really see what he does at the ground. Its similar to players like Lambert, Kmac and it sounds as if Pickett is in that group too.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I've tortured myself watching hours of that *smile* trying to see if he was funny & i was wrong.

I was correct, hardly raised a smile
Wow, I guess you not like the TV Show 'Friends' as well?
Both classic TV shows.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
You’re a hard man Taz. What tv comedies do tickle your fancy?

Btw, I started watching Jerry’s stand up on Netflix and after 10 minutes thought “Jerry made possibly the greatest tv comedy show ever but his stand up is pretty ordinary.”
Loved the show, however find Jerry a shocking actor and the least funny on the show .

The marine biologist is my fave

Attachments

• 11DEF88F-DB8B-485D-A93E-6E1C8A4F4AEB.jpeg
    11DEF88F-DB8B-485D-A93E-6E1C8A4F4AEB.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 8

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Loved the show, however find Jerry a shocking actor and the least funny on the show .

The marine biologist is my fave
Yes, ate there too. Was the guy on the cash register as you paid on the way out the grumpiest bugger you’d ever met?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

I'd prefer Markov.

Not as a defender for me.

Markov gets no more footy statistically than Broad.

And if Broadys opponent is invisble then he's done his job.

Oleg looks impressive going for a dash but he isn't really a ball winner either with his stats and Broads nigh on identical.

Broad can also play on all types Markov cant play on KP talls to assist and he is not as effective as a defender than Broad.

There's a reason Broad has 2 medals and Markov doesn't, the main reason is that he releases Vlastuin and Grimes and formerly Rance and Vlastuin to intercept freely while he holds down their opponent or covers off for them.

Unlike Houli and Short, Oleg just does not win or shown an ability to accumulate the footy enough.

I'd like to see Markov running the arcs between the 50's as a wingman, especially if he remains and Pickett goes back to WA.

Reactions: 4 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
You’re a hard man Taz. What tv comedies do tickle your fancy?

Btw, I started watching Jerry’s stand up on Netflix and after 10 minutes thought “Jerry made possibly the greatest tv comedy show ever but his stand up is pretty ordinary.”
funny one s mate funny ones

I find pommie humour , Farty Towels, Python etc *smile* all over the septics

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

Do you get to watch the Tigers live very often (outside of Corona virus affected seasons of course)?

I have only ever seen Broad play live once (I live in WA), but that game was the 2017 GF.

I thought he was terrific that day. His work rate was top notch and he and KMac ran all day filling space.

I don't know how many kicks he got that day, but I reckon he got the last one of the game.

Anyway, Broad to me encapsulates what I dislike most about footy on TV. Yep, even more than Anthony Hudson and miked up umpires. You just can't get a proper perspective on things. It is like watching a continuous stream of 50\50 contests.

You are certainly on the money if you talk about Broad playing on TV. Unsighted.

But I assume based on what I saw in 2017, he is an awesome role player who is important to the balance of our defence.

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
Do you get to watch the Tigers live very often (outside of Corona virus affected seasons of course)?

I have only ever seen Broad play live once (I live in WA), but that game was the 2017 GF.

I thought he was terrific that day. His work rate was top notch and he and KMac ran all day filling space.

I don't know how many kicks he got that day, but I reckon he got the last one of the game.

Anyway, Broad to me encapsulates what I dislike most about footy on TV. Yep, even more than Anthony Hudson and miked up umpires. You just can't get a proper perspective on things. It is like watching a continuous stream of 50\50 contests.

You are certainly on the money if you talk about Broad playing on TV. Unsighted.

But I assume based on what I saw in 2017, he is an awesome role player who is important to the balance of our defence.
Wrong Streaky, even on the telly you can see what he gives, still cannot reconcile why he was dropped.

Reactions: 1 user