Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Paid special attention to Broady last night after calling him Mr Invisible all week. Special player - never loses his cool. Poised, agro and fearless in equal measure. Doesn’t seem to make mistakes - maybe that’s why I haven’t paid much attention. From 0 to man crush in a week. Geez I’m fickle.

Theres so many players to man crush on at the moment in our side, but Broad and Baker are my 2 favourite man crushes at the moment.

Reactions: 1 user

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
It beggars belief that he was dropped a few games ago. He so belongs in this team

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Broad gives us so much flexibility. We've seen Balta ruck and go forward, and Astbury ruck as well. He himself was used in the ruck earlier. He can go to a Toby Greene or an opponent much bigger than him.

Reactions: 5 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I can understand why he got dropped - Astbury had to play, and at the time, they were still hoping for a genuine ruck combination in Chol and Nank.

Luckily for Broady, Chol offered diddly squat and they decided they could get more out of Astbury, Broad and Balta through the ruck, while still staying strong down back.

I’d suggest if Soldo was still fit, or Chol was half decent, or CCJ hadn’t fancied a kebab, Boobs may not be playing.

Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I can understand why he got dropped - Astbury had to play, and at the time, they were still hoping for a genuine ruck combination in Chol and Nank.

Luckily for Broady, Chol offered diddly squat and they decided they could get more out of Astbury, Broad and Balta through the ruck, while still staying strong down back.

I’d suggest if Soldo was still fit, or Chol was half decent, or CCJ hadn’t fancied a kebab, Boobs may not be playing.
Maybe you are right but we would be a poorer side without Broady's commitment to the cause

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Watching him last night made me wonder why he got dropped. We're so much better with him in the team.
Given all the media Dimma does and the myriad of journos, has anyone every heard an explanation about why he was dropped? Not saying there is anything sinister just pull like hear what the coach sees thatI don't.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Thought he was excellent.
Full credit to him for reestablishing his spot back in the side after losing it for whatever reasons.
We know what he brings & he won't let anybody down. Keep it up Broady.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Thought he was excellent.
Full credit to him for reestablishing his spot back in the side after losing it for whatever reasons.
We know what he brings & he won't let anybody down. Keep it up Broady.
Going to be important Saturday night.
Reckon he goes to Rohan.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
With Vlastuin going out his importance to that back line grew immensely. He was terrific.

Reactions: 4 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Three times premiership Broady is so valuable to us and I reckon he can play anywhere as losing Nick tonight he just upped his game. Shedloads of man crush on him right now.

Reactions: 1 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Three times premiership Broady is so valuable to us and I reckon he can play anywhere as losing Nick tonight he just upped his game. Shedloads of man crush on him right now.
Was superb tonight - I was so wrong about this bloke. Just a nerveless display.

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Performed in every Final he's played for the Club.

Big Performer in Finals and solid all rounder with zero reverance because he just goes about it with zero fuss.

Norm Smith Votes testament to his game.

Does his job for his team was critical he made it back on the ground after Tigga went down.

Club needs to keep him for the next 2 years at least then he can go to the Suns for his Super.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users