Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Jack Ross please.

Agree. We were smashed in the middle and looked a ball winner light. Also want Higgins to spend more time down there.

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Thought he contested better today, worth persevering with for a few games to see what he has. With all out injuries ATM he has to stay in the side

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
not quite up to it/ fringe player. With fewer injuries he might play OK and do a job, but with injuries to a critical mass of good players your fringe players are exposed when too many of them are in the side.

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007
Oleg is not a decent AFL standard player. Not worth persisting with unfortunately. No
Composure whatsoever.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
spook said:
20 disposals at 80% DE. I wonder how many metres he gained.

15 - 7 = 8 metres
He fell over every time he touch it, what metres gained. He was rubbish

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
spook said:
Wait, zips. Are you saying stats are misleading?

Funken oath,
What numbers did Ellis get? Everytime he touched it it helped GWS, what numbers did prestia get 33? Worse 33 possession game I’ve ever seen.
Numbers mean *smile*

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
We are crying out for pace and spread. Must continue in the team for another few games yet.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Hope he stays in. Pointless dropping him and keeping ellis. He needs more time at the level. He has some good traits.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’ve seen signs of Markov been a decent AFL player in the VFL and actually thought he wasn’t to bad in finding the ball yesterday, however the worry for me was that he made some very fundamental skill errors, in his excuse he still looks like his playing nervous, far from a lock, however I’d give him a few more games, we definitely need somebody with some run.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
thought his kicking was atrocious.
surprised the stats are 80% DE. At least he was more involved and positioned well, improving.
but was still not strong enough at the contest.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Mr Brightside said:
I’ve seen signs of Markov been a decent AFL player in the VFL and actually thought he wasn’t to bad in finding the ball yesterday, however the worry for me was that he made some very fundamental skill errors, in his excuse he still looks like his playing nervous, far from a lock, however I’d give him a few more games, we definitely need somebody with some run.
agree with this

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Oleg in 2018 was injured or niggled. His VFL game was all aerial. He had no ground game. Just doesn't get ground ball and that's on the HBF. In the VFL. Ground ball picnic for a footballer.

So I have very low expectations at AFL level. And I was thrilled with his game. His ball use in tight was either very good or bungled through inexperience and then recovered through second efforts.

Oleg broke lines through the middle of the ground in traffic and used forward quickly by hand. Constructively. I've never seen him do anything like that.

Was it Fly who said that Oleg was the fastest learner he'd ever coached? Ability to learn is why he's on the list. He's got a lot to learn. But Oleg showed yesterday that he can.

Hopefully we persevere with him in the ones. A bright light for mine.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Seen enough. He's just a Menadue with a curly mo. Afraid, weak in the contest, fumbly. Next. And not Menadue. Hoping Naish and/or Turner make the grade as wingers.

Both Markov and Ellis should be dropped. Bolton and Naish step up to the plate.