Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
He may have a career with us. Depends on whether our club thinks he's got the game to replace Bachar or not. Currently Bachar is preferred but what lies ahead? List manager's burning the midnight oil..
Yes, seeing Markov's name mentioned (even tho he is an obvious target for other clubs), does make me wonder whether we should keep Houli on for another year if it means losing Oleg. But Houli is a star and has been for years, and keeping him probably increases the chances of our current crop winning their 4th flag next year

Reactions: 1 user

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
I dont want Oleg to go. He showed enough this year to suggest to me that he will be part of our best 22 for a while. We have put 4-5 years of development into him, would hate to see another team reap the rewards of that now.

Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Dump Houli. We'll never win three premierships with players like Houli in the Squad

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Yes, seeing Markov's name mentioned (even tho he is an obvious target for other clubs), does make me wonder whether we should keep Houli on for another year if it means losing Oleg. But Houli is a star and has been for years, and keeping him probably increases the chances of our current crop winning their 4th flag next year
The cold hearted but wise decision would be to keep Oleg and ditch Houli. Would be an extrememly tough call though.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
If he goes let's hope it's decent pick not Butler scenario we give them away for nothing screw the club's.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The cold hearted but wise decision would be to keep Oleg and ditch Houli. Would be an extrememly tough call though.

Dunno. Houli may just do the right thing by the club if the club does the right thing by Houli. Offer to pour in some decent funds and long term sponsorship into Houli's BHF and it might be a win/win

Reactions: 1 user

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Can't afford to lose Markov. We have invested in his development and it is starting to pay off.

Last edited:

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Dunno. Houli may just do the right thing by the club if the club does the right thing by Houli. Offer to pour in some decent funds and long term sponsorship into Houli's BHF and it might be a win/win

Why would it be the right thing to do for Bashar to go if he once again is runner up in the Normie ;)

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Lego scenario will give us some idea about our list management. some forward thinking required.
I'd like to see him stay, thought he was showing something in his games and then loses his place to very rusty Bachar.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He may have a career with us. Depends on whether our club thinks he's got the game to replace Bachar or not. Currently Bachar is preferred but what lies ahead? List manager's burning the midnight oil..

Bash he's been a great player and club man and leader for the Tigers but if he stays one year too long it could make a bigger hole in the list depth specifically it could leave us bereft of defensive depth (if Markov and Broad left) to play at senior level, and it could also leave the club losing 3 senior players in one hit rather than 1 this year and then 2 next year when Jack and Cotch might pull the pin.

Best net result could be the Tigers win the flag and Bash retires with 3 medals.

I don't know Ive got no idea maybe I just see things differently..

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
I don't see the problem with this. if Houli plays next year, he will have some injury, Oleg replaces him, then the call goes out if Houli is struggling next year. Need keep the faith, he has proven his worth. Just need to assure Oleg he will play more matches next year

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
It seems to me it is a case of status quo with Bachar or look to the future with Lego. Bachar has given us much better service than we could ever have hoped for but his body is becoming more fragile and his playing life at the top level is closing on the end whereas Oleg has started to come on song and he has the speed that Bachar has lost although not the complete skill set a yet but getting there. The club has to think hard for this match, do they want Bachar skill but slower speed of Lego's obvious speed but less guile? Who would want the selectors job!

Reactions: 1 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
i recon it’s time to make the hard call with bash. We can’t afford to lose the replacements because we are sentimental. He may be happy with a trade which would be a win for us.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
The big question on Oleg is probably whether he wins enough footy to play Bachar's role. Not really a high possession winner.
Took Houli a couple of years to fit into his spot. Markov will take time as well