Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Took Houli a couple of years to fit into his spot. Markov will take time as well

Different story though. Bash could always find the ball. This is the only season he has averaged under 20 disposals since moving to the Tiges. Markov has averaged 11 this year and 13 across his career. The point stands that he doesn't find enough of the pill.

I like him and would rather not lose him as he could be an asset for us however, I don't think he will ever be a star for us, he will be a role player.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If Markov goes to GC we need a player back that fits our needs.
A 3rd round pick won't cut it.
Sexton or Ainsworth would be nice.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
The big question on Oleg is probably whether he wins enough footy to play Bachar's role. Not really a high possession winner.
Since Bashar has returned (6 games) he has been averaging 2.5 contested possessions all his other possessions were uncontested.(average of about 15 disposals )

Oleg in his last 5 games (continuous) has averaged 4.5 contested possessions. (average of 11 Disposals.)

So Oleg is finding more ball than Bashar but Houli is receiving more ball than Oleg.

This suggests that Bashar at the moment is poorer defensively than Oleg but better offensively.

Reactions: 4 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I thought Markov may have got the nod with his pace and Broady has been out of the side for ages. But, I'm happy with the selections .
"In the MC we trust."

Go Tiges!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Basher replacement is the egg!

Sadly I reckon the Egg might very well be in danger of getting scrambled, which is bizarre to consider especially after his BOG game against the Kangas.

English, Rance are the only 2 list changes I am confident of right now.

Turner, Garth, Egg and Miller the others in question along with Houli, and of course the cloud still hanging over the Kebab Brothers

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Wonder if missing out on a finals spot will influence his decision?

If you were considering going to go to the Suns now would be the time to go, will be easier to establish your place whilst they are building and they are building fairly quickly.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I think it will come down to years offered on the contract... rfc throws up 2 + , suitors will prob go at least 3+ .... as a role player, that would be a chunk o change to seriously consider in the long term view.