Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I think it will come down to years offered on the contract... rfc throws up 2 + , suitors will prob go at least 3+ .... as a role player, that would be a chunk o change to seriously consider in the long term view.

He isn't going to GC on the back of a 2 year deal.
Knowing those clowns they will offer minimum 4.
Atkins :rotfl1

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not happy.
He has agreed to Join GC.
We are happy to let him go.
Deal to be done as soon as the Trade period starts.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Can't really blame him or us.
5 seasons, almost 25 years old & hasn't been able to establish his spot over 4 premiership campaigns.
Has some ability sure but can't keep them all.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He was forced out once a few players came back so clearly would be looking for opportunities.

Would like to keep Oleg as he has improved and can be a very creative half back, but we'll have to see.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Damn. Need to keep him. I'm calling this as a mistake, if true. Bachar is only another calf injury away from retirement quite possibly.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Shame , i liked what he added when in the side before houli came back ,

might just be a case of , cant keep em all

• Sad

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Didn't do anything wrong this year simply yielded to Houli. The only reason we'd let him go is if we have Saad lined up. Otherwise who takes that role as we'll be lucky to get 10 games out of Houli next year.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We should be able to get pick #33 for him imo

We cant continue losing quality and getting nothing in return.
Especially now that we have burnt another first rounder on Higgins.
This will hurt us when Edwards, Jack, Cotchin, Grimes have all gone.
Club needs to be more ruthless in trading these guys.
Hopefully now they will take our players at a higher price with the seasons Lyold and Bulter have produced.
At the moment we are 4 first rounders down Ellis x2, Lennon and now Higgins.
We received a Trash return in losing Ellis to GC.
This needs to improve before we are left with nothing.

• Wow

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
We should be able to get pick #33 for him imo
So what? Very unlikely to be a player as good, especially in this year's draft with next to no perceived form to go on. Markov has been in our system for some years, we have developed him and he is ready to go, can slot right in whether HBF, wing or FL. He brings a heap of pace and some flair; qualities that are important given the way some of the opposition teams are recruiting. Ross and Higgins (if stays) lack for pace.

Why should we trade away a guy like this for some near-unknown youngster who may be a bust or take 3 years before he's right to go? (See even a much higher pick and very promising player like RCD). In the meantime, Houli will be done.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Dont want to let him go. Houli replacement next year and will likely play 10-12 games anyway in 2021 as our next in line running defender.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
The other thing is Short may get more time in the midfield and even be looked at for a replacement for Lambert's role. If that is the case then in quick time we would need to replace Short and Houli in the backline. Without Markov we are banking on two of Stack Egg Naish Martyn or Ralphsmith

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Disappointing if true.
Think he would be well suited on wing or HFF.
The round 17 game against the cat you can really see him use his speed to great advantage.
He burnt off a number of geelong players and kicked long into our forward line a couple of times.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I am torn on this. I thought he played some very good games this year and gave our defence some drive. However it was Broady who in the end pushed him out.

Clearly a very popular clubman and would be a good leader at training for the Suns.

Hoping for once we get a reasonable compensation, @turk-d-tiger suggested pick 34 - would be enough to satisfy me.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Again I think list sizes will be impacting some of these decisions.

It appears that list sizes will drop to around 40. We will take 2-3 picks in the draft (1st pick, MRJ and maybe Baxter), so we need to open up to 37-38 spots so we can take those 2-3 in the draft.

We are at 41 with the following out of contract players, Egg, Houli, Broad, Markov, Garthwaite, Miller, Pickett and Aarts.

With it being reported we are offering Broad, Houli, Aarts (going off Dimmas comments after the GF) and Pickett extensions so that leaves Egg, Markov, Garthwaite and Miller as out of contract players with potentially Higgins being traded.

To get those 3 in, we need to cut 4 from the list and there are 5 named above.

Unfortunately, I think Markov will be a victim of the decrease in list sizes rather than us not wanting to keep him. I could see us pushing harder to keep him if list sizes remained at 44 but thats looking unlikely.