Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

BetterTigers

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2011
Good luck to Oleg and I hope he makes the most of the opportunit.

i always liked his pace and run ... but he’s had long enough in our system to develop and breakthrough.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
I feel like this is unders. A future 2nd round pick seemed more appropriate in my mind. Gold Coast again benefitting from our generosity.
Exactly. Picked up at pick 50 and given away for the same number more or less after 5 years of development for the Premiers. Fast, durable and good height.
A good positive is that it is next year's draft but still too cheap.
I sound like a broken record - it'll be so frustrating to see the good picks the cats get for their duds.

Although I'm glad I'm not an Adelaide supporter today. I'd be annoyed my club didn't call the Saints bluff - poor outcome for Crouch. Saints trading team have done an exceptional job TY and LY - its the Grubby Allen factor.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I sincerely think we will regret this one... it’s a Houli calf away....

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Good piece of business. Pick hopefully is 40-45 in a strong 2021 draft.

For a bloke ranked between 25-29 on your list. I’ll take it.

Go well Leggy, you deserve a chance to play.

Reactions: 5 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Fair price for Oleg Markov imo and i mentioned that it would be a future 3rd on here last week

Lets not look at the round but the number of the pick 42/43 Its not like Geelongs round 3 that is #54

2021 will be a very very strong draft that will have top age kids that didnt get 2020 to show their ability

I would say pick #42 in 2021 is like pick #25 this years draft

Reactions: 1 users

Tames

Tiger Superstar
Apr 3, 2005
Melbourne
They could have matched the Lynch deal and forced us to trade, so happy to help them out a little. We may get a couple more players once they finish their apprenticeships up there anyway.

Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I don't get the angst here.

Markov has busted his butt for us for 5 years and deserves a chance to get a regular gig.

No other club seemed overly interested so probably got market value.

Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Markov was not worth a second call round pick. He hadn't proved he was a) good enough to stay in the best side b) resilient enough to last a season at the top level and c) he would get better.
Remember, we took him as a 19 year old. 5 seasons. He has something, just not "it" - for our system.
We also proved we're reasonable to deal with- not having a Dodoro reputation will come back to help us. We treat our people right. Very mature RFC.

Reactions: 9 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Markov was not worth a second call round pick. He hadn't proved he was a) good enough to stay in the best side b) resilient enough to last a season at the top level and c) he would get better.
Remember, we took him as a 19 year old. 5 seasons. He has something, just not "it" - for our system.
We also proved we're reasonable to deal with- not having a Dodoro reputation will come back to help us. We treat our people right. Very mature RFC.

Totally agree, General.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
A reminder Oleg has only had 20 possessions once in 23 games. He has some skills & may well be a late developer but for a 25 year old running defender I am happy we got a 3rd rounder for him. Also that he gets opportunity elsewhere. It's a pretty fair trade.

Reactions: 8 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
A reminder Oleg has only had 20 possessions once in 23 games. He has some skills & may well be a late developer but for a 25 year old running defender I am happy we got a 3rd rounder for him. Also that he gets opportunity elsewhere. It's a pretty fair trade.

Agree. Very surprised that a few thought we could have gotten more. Clubs aren't paying higher picks for blokes who have played 23 games in 5 years.

Reactions: 1 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Anyone with a mustache like Oleg's deserves higher than a 3rd round pick in a trade.

Mind you, his tattoos are not adding to his trade value. Rather they are detracting.

So all things considered a 3rd round is about right.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users