Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Oleg is an interesting addition to GCS.

First. Closing speed. Is Oleg by far the quickest closer in the AFL? Didn't they clock him at 39.5kmh or something?

Off the mark. Acceleration. 2.87 for 20m at combine. Oleg Markov is the quickest player in the game.

GCS implying they need to get quicker? Oleg Markov makes sense.

Oleg was not a junior footballer. Didn't play much. (See the likeness to Balta at times?) Freak athlete who hasn't learned to use the gifts. To be fair Markov was showing in late 2020 that he had at least begun. And he was successful.

And having established himself in the 18 he was summarily dumped for Iron Balls, who proved the decision probably right.

Mr Damien Hardwick made the choice. Broad over Markov. I think based on strategy. Defence above attack.

And here we are. Oleg is gone.

And RFC will trade Oleg to the club that bids for him. We're all about player welfare.

And we won't snivel about how Oleg Markov owes us something. We gave him short shrift for strategic reasons. We're accountable for that. (We have a premiership to account for.)

He may not be able to change lanes on a football ground but he sure can off it. :D

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Oleg Markov missed the perfect beau (RFC 1s). When courted by a mediocre suitor Oleg did the smart thing.

And wed the deluded buffoon.

For just a chance at happiness and a life of his own.

RFC just lost its best ever nickname. We lost Anna Karenina.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
A reminder Oleg has only had 20 possessions once in 23 games. He has some skills & may well be a late developer but for a 25 year old running defender I am happy we got a 3rd rounder for him. Also that he gets opportunity elsewhere. It's a pretty fair trade.
Well said ToOts this has been my argument against Oleg, he just doesn't win the footy enough for a half back.

HBF's are amongst the biggest possession winners in the game, he needs to impact the game more than a few good looking runs up the ground.

I wish hm the best and hope he does well.

Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
He has some skills & may well be a late developer but for a 25 year old running defender I am happy we got a 3rd rounder for him.

It was a future 3rd rounder too. Seems to be a strong belief around recruiting circles at the moment that future picks are going to be worth a bit more than this year's picks.

A fair trade I'd have thought.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Oleg is an interesting addition to GCS.

First. Closing speed. Is Oleg by far the quickest closer in the AFL? Didn't they clock him at 39.5kmh or something?

Off the mark. Acceleration. 2.87 for 20m at combine. Oleg Markov is the quickest player in the game.

GCS implying they need to get quicker? Oleg Markov makes sense.

Oleg was not a junior footballer. Didn't play much. (See the likeness to Balta at times?) Freak athlete who hasn't learned to use the gifts. To be fair Markov was showing in late 2020 that he had at least begun. And he was successful.

And having established himself in the 18 he was summarily dumped for Iron Balls, who proved the decision probably right.

Mr Damien Hardwick made the choice. Broad over Markov. I think based on strategy. Defence above attack.

And here we are. Oleg is gone.

And RFC will trade Oleg to the club that bids for him. We're all about player welfare.

And we won't snivel about how Oleg Markov owes us something. We gave him short shrift for strategic reasons. We're accountable for that. (We have a premiership to account for.)

He may not be able to change lanes on a football ground but he sure can off it. :D
Very fond of Markov but Just love "iron balls."

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Remember when he came off with his finger perpendicular at the joint... LAUGHING. One very tough hombre.

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
Would have kept him before several others. He is too good to be mainly a seconds player
Just think his lighting speed gave us a different avenue to goal
Trust the club
Wish him all the best except for games against Richmond

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think we are the winners out of it.

Adelaide took the second round compo for Brad Crouch which meant they probably didn't think they could do much better with a trade and will all due respect to Markov, at this stage he isn't fit to carry Crouch's bags.

Many said that about Graham in 2017

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I reckon there is a reasonable chance that Oleg will turn into a valuable player for Gold Coast.

But he wasn't a regular for us so a 3rd round pick seems reasonable.

What gets me more is the ridiculous compensation some get - pick 7 for Daniher? Yeah, he can be good . . . if he ever gets on the ground.

DS