Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Watched the Richmond v West Coast replay on Foxfooty last night. In the last quarter Markov gets the ball deep in our defence passes to a teammate runs past gets the ball. Then repeats that two times more ending up on the wing, kicking to chf and we goal. Great play.

Going to miss Markov

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Watched the Richmond v West Coast replay on Foxfooty last night. In the last quarter Markov gets the ball deep in our defence passes to a teammate runs past gets the ball. Then repeats that two times more ending up on the wing, kicking to chf and we goal. Great play.

Going to miss Markov
He done some nice work against Geelong.
Wing or half back would be his best position.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
We are in a good place when the 25th ish player on our list who has many qualitie, and loves the environment....
>looks forward at who he can replace ....and has doubts ....
>looks behind to see the quality coming up behind him .......

And says, he thinks he should go elsewhere to get a game.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Could it happen .....?

Markov leaves an environment he loves for two years because he cant see himself being a regular in that time.
In two years and forty odd games experience later .......when out of contract ......... and Houli is retured .......Markov may come back to Richmond.?

Delicious!

Reactions: 1 users

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Could it happen .....?

Markov leaves an environment he loves for two years because he cant see himself being a regular in that time.
In two years and forty odd games experience later .......when out of contract ......... and Houli is retured .......Markov may come back to Richmond.?

Delicious!
And do we pay a premium in a trade to get him back?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Speaking to AFL.com.au ahead of playing Collingwood at Metricon Stadium on Saturday night, the 26-year-old said getting his confidence back had not come easily.

"I had a few niggles late last year and it led in to the off-season, the pre-season and I just didn't have any peace of mind between the mind and the body," Markov said.

"I had no confidence, no continuity with the body.

"I just battled my own demons in that area, but I'm glad I've overcome that.

Markov's 22-disposal performance against Port Adelaide last Sunday was arguably his best in Gold Coast colours, generating a match-high 690m gained with his willingness to run-and-bounce and take the game on.

He said the club's high performance department and psychologists had played a major role in aligning his mind with his body.

"Dealing with demons, everyone's got their own, and it's not a bad thing," he said.

"For me it's just having a conversation with them going 'hey, I want a bit of change'…I'm glad they've listened."

"I find that I'm a big over-thinker," he said.

"When I think too much I hesitate and second guess everything.

"I had a focus of doing my homework, doing my study at the club during the week, so that when I got on the field I want to get into a no-thinking zone, that flow-state.

"I just want to play off instinct."

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I hope he plays a big game tonight against the Pies. Always was a fan.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Very pleased to see him back playing to his potential again.

Best mo at the Tiges since #33 Clokey.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Always enjoyed watching him play, he's definitely an AFL standard footballer. Hope he goes on with it.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
didnt like losing him, lightning pace controlled drop punt
has muscled up.. gotta feeling hes about to up the ante
cholly brandon.. i enjoy watching the suns

Reactions: 7 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Very pleased to see him back playing to his potential again.

Best mo at the Tiges since #33 Clokey.
Tim Gepp, Paul Sarah and David Palm, Bryan Wood, Micky Malthouse, BT, Disco Roach, Graeme Landy, The General, The Flea and Terry Smith all rocked some good Mo's

Clokey had the hair and Mo coiffed as well as anyone back then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users