Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Markov!

Markov!

Dyer'ere said:
Oleg Markov may be a very undesirable combination of over-aged and under-nourished but his moustache is the finest of the modern draft era.

He will problee be around at 52 (both ND selection and age - he eats healthy) and he can kick a goal. He spins grand indie-lord yarns - 'He was born in Belarus, speaks Russian, is the son of a world pole vault champion, studies geology and has a passion for restoring classic cars.'

He's a sales machine. Maybe he can play. Let's get him.

OLEG-Markov-2015.jpg

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Results from the combine for Oleg Markov
Relative Vertical jump - equal 6th
3rd in 30m repeat sprints - 24.32 sec
Did well in the Agility test - 7th overall (8.23)
equal 9th Shuttle\beep test 14.8
Equal first in goalkicking test 30/30

Herr_Tiger

Tiger Superstar
May 23, 2005
Peel
nice numbers

====

from BF:-

Ht – 188 Wt – 76

I am going to be shocked if Markov is not taken by someone this year. Teams are crying out for guys with his athletic profile who have some idea of how to actually play football and that is before we even see how much more important endurance athletes are under the reduced interchange rules.

In the Champs telecast Shifter noted that Markov is a 2.87 and 15 beep runner. Those are great figures and he is all the more impressive when you consider he also was in the top 10% in both the jumps and the agility test. He was third in the repeat sprint and got a perfect score in the goal kicking test to top things off. To say he starred at the Combine would be underselling things. Coaches getting a look at him for the first time will be already scheming what they could do with a player of his athletic gifts.

On the field Markov has steadily improved over the last few years and is now a pretty decent footballer. I would still want him to accumulate more ball than he does but he has improved the consistency of his involvement. He has played most of his games this year as a medium forward either as a flanker or in a pocket. I like him best when he is working a kick and a half from goal and working back into the 50.

When he is a bit further from goal he seems able to get free at will and he provides a valuable avenue to goal. He attacks the ball hard and for a thin guy plays a pretty tough style of ame. He is a reasonable mark of the ball although he will spill one every now and then that you expect him to take. He is a difficult match up for anyone and plays tall. One thing I love with Markov is his composure in the air. He has a great ability to fly for the mark, come down, keep his feet and go.

With the ball on the ground Markov attacks the ball hard and is not afraid to put his head over it. His hands are pretty good and he can pick up the ball at pace and when he does good things often happen. He will sometimes lift his head a bit early and needs to work a bit on watching the ball into his hands both on the ground and in the air. I think this is eminently fixable.

Markov is a quick thinker and seems to take good options. He has neat skills by hand and by foot and he has good penetration on his kicks. His set shot technique is a little unorthodox (his hold is a bit to the side of the ball and he waves it around a little) but the results are pretty good and he has range outside of 50. His delivery into 50 is usually pretty good and he can use his penetration to carry defenders who have been sucked forward. He is not pin point with his passing but he is creative and usually gets the ball where he wants it to go. He has good goal sense and can do the spectacular.

billyb#40

Tiger Superstar
Sep 19, 2004
The_General said:
Can he kick or get the pill, or play defensively
Sounds like a great athlete
Next pass or Croker whoever he is

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The_General said:

But, can he play the game of Aussie rules, screw these bulkshit tests

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Maybe our very own Jeremy Howe from some of the excerpts on the web. Big jumper, took a few hangers in juniors and fell in love with the sport.