Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

Hungry1962

Tiger Cub
Mar 16, 2014
I'm happy to give Oleg a longer run of games before judging. He has pace and attacks but just lacks that little bit of composure and looks like he doesnt yet believe he belongs at this level. I think has much more upside than Menadue.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Harry said:
Seen enough. He's just a Menadue with a curly mo. Afraid, weak in the contest, fumbly. Next. And not Menadue. Hoping Naish and/or Turner make the grade as wingers.

Both Markov and Ellis should be dropped. Bolton and Naish step up to the plate.

This

Ellis skills (that normally are solid) let him down badly on Saturday. Markov just had no influence, should be used more on a wing, slips way too often at crucial times, needs to learn to keep his feet more often. No delist material yet but must keep developing. Bolton and Naish (maybe Ross) in. Reward VFL effort.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Tiger Pops said:
This

Ellis skills (that normally are solid) let him down badly on Saturday. Markov just had no influence, should be used more on a wing, slips way too often at crucial times, needs to learn to keep his feet more often. No delist material yet but must keep developing. Bolton and Naish (maybe Ross) in. Reward VFL effort.

Ellis skills? Really. Most look-backwards player I've ever come across. Markov hasn't been afforded the opportunities that Ellis has and that's why we need to persevere to see how much he can improve. Ellis has no improvement left, we've seen what he can deliver. He'll remain in the team though whilst we struggle with a mounting injury list, I have little doubt about that.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Markov plays before Ellis but I'm yet to be convinced he'll make it.

Yep totally this. Was better but a lonnng wayyyy to gooooo.

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
His first game (Footscray in our horror 2016 from memory) he looked composed and highly skilled.

Not sure what happened to that guy.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
toby64 said:
His first game (Footscray in our horror 2016 from memory) he looked composed and highly skilled.

Not sure what happened to that guy.

Too much VFL time.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
At this point i'd rather get a couple more games into Lego than Bobble. Lego needs the senior match time to simply find his rhythm n timing at senior level, he's at least had a better crack at it this week.

Bobble on the other hand with about 150 games and finals experience had nil impact or influence on the game, needs to pull his finger out or he'll be give away trade bait by the end of this year.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
taztiger4 said:
out for 6-8 weeks

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-04-15/markov-injury-update

His knee was pretty heavily bandaged at training on Thursday so must have had some issue going into the game.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Watched him run out for the VFL game & he looked to be hobbling. Must have played in some pain.
Feel sorry for the lad as that knee has given him real issues the past couple of years. Does not bode well for him.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Apparently Markov has torn the meniscus in his right knee.
He will require surgery.
I am figuring he will be some time on the sidelines.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Depending how bad the tear is could be 6 weeks or more.

Notoriously slow to heal are meniscus, can be problematic depending on where the damage is as just over half or thereabouts has very limited blood supply to facillitate healing.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
If you were going to keep one of him or Menedue for depth , it has probably swung Menedues way now