Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Poor old Oleg had to go back to April to find his thread:(

I remember Choco talking about Leggo's first training session and saying he did things he hadn't seen before, pity we have never seen it translated to game day.

On RFC website today is an article on AFL 'Speed Machines' it says:

Oleg is the AFL's fastest player & that he has recorded the highest speed in 2019 in a game this year not just for Richmond but the entire competition.

Tick, Tick, Tick is time running out or has it ran out?

I have the smallest flicker of hope still in me.

Last edited:

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I like Oleg. I think he can play. We seem to have a lot of running half back types. Maybe let him loose on a wing. But then again he'd be going against Fraser Turner Ellis Mc Intosh Short Houli Naish Menadue etc... The other running machines. Nice problem to have. Hope he makes it.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I like Oleg. I think he can play. We seem to have a lot of running half back types. Maybe let him loose on a wing. But then again he'd be going against Fraser Turner Ellis Mc Intosh Short Houli Naish Menadue etc... The other running machines. Nice problem to have. Hope he makes it.
Speed is great but a sidestep is better. I remember in JLT he tried to roadrunner Jayden Hunt and got pulled down. Was beaten body on body by Jeff Garlett too. From everything we've seen so far he's a poor-man's Ellis unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 user

ahyeahnah

Tiger Superstar
Aug 14, 2016
Poor old Oleg had to go back to April to find his thread:(

I remember Choco talking about Leggo's first training session and saying he did things he hadn't seen before, pity we have never seen it translated to game day.

On RFC website today is an article on AFL 'Speed Machines' it says:

Oleg is the AFL's fastest player & that he has recorded the highest speed in 2019 in a game this year not just for Richmond but the entire competition.

Tick, Tick, Tick is time running out or has it ran out?

I have the smallest flicker of hope still in me.
Time is against him but it hasn't run out yet. He has had a couple of miserable injuries but if he can get his body right he could easily own a spot on the HBF.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Unfortunately it's not much point being quick if you can't handle cleanly. Could almost nearly be a quality player if he learns to control / take the pill first attempt instead of fiddling n fumbling around with it.
Hope he gets a clean run with his injuries and has the opportunity to settle his ball handling down a smidgin, otherwise he's gunna end up another nearly almost

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
There's only one thing more chaotic than having a Castagna in your forward line and that's having two of them. Oleg could be Castagna's chaos clone.

He kicked four goals in the VFL today, and handed one off in the goalsquare. Playing as a leading forward from the goalsquare, he can jump like George and apply pressure at ground level: he's clocked the fastest speed in the AFL this year.

Caddy has proven too slow for our forward structure now that Lynch has joined our forward line. His "new role" is an admission of that.

Instead, Markov may play that role. He'd be behind Lynch, Jack and Dusty (and Chol) as a defensive priority, and working in the air and on the ground in combination with Castagna, Rioli and Stack. It would be a blitzkrieg in the air and on the ground.

Could Markov be the Townsend of 2019?

And if he doesn't measure up, Pickett could be that final tricky piece in the September jigsaw puzzle.

Reactions: 3 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
We certainly have a few options just at this point in time. One could make a case for all of Nank, Caddy, Markov, McIntosh, Naish,, Balta Eggy, Butler, Garthwaite and Pickett breaking into the team.. Or none of them.

Good place to be really. Bring it on.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Oleg needs to bulk up a bit for afl level footy. But the principle is sound. Add tackles to the leap and the lead and we have yet another dangerous forward pocket. George has form dips like everyone so nice to have him in the wings. Like Naish and Bolta, needs another pre-season.