Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Not sure that is applicable to everyone is my concern. A few getting picked from vfl with zero form. 7 goals in 2 vfl games for Ryan good enough or not you reward form. He should have been in. On the flip side how many senior players have been below par for long time and keep getting games we're is the consistency.
That’s fair re Samson. Naismith has shown good form though.
Samson has to kick goals again this week in the VFL. I expect him to be above that level now.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Samson is a long term project. Happy to see him really earn his spot with good form at the lower level. Trying to equate his non-selection with a lack of club support is a stretch.

Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
As one of the inaugural presidents of Samson - Can see why he wasn't picked.

Max has slaughtered Nank for years now. Completely ripped him apart more than any other ruckman. Just too tall and agile.

Yze would know this better than almost anyone.

If Naismith is ever going to play it is this match. It's his match-up. Reckon he gets well more than 50% time in the ruck as well.

Samson's time will come. Building form, working on his deficiencies and importantly confidence and continuity in the VFL is good for him ATM.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
As one of the inaugural presidents of Samson - Can see why he wasn't picked.

Max has slaughtered Nank for years now. Completely ripped him apart more than any other ruckman. Just too tall and agile.

Yze would know this better than almost anyone.

If Naismith is ever going to play it is this match. It's his match-up. Reckon he gets well more than 50% time in the ruck as well.

Samson's time will come. Building form, working on his deficiencies and importantly confidence and continuity in the VFL is good for him ATM.
Yep. Hope he kicks another 4 today.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Today's game with the Dees indicates we need a marking tall at full forward now so I don't think we could argue that Samson has to play in the firsts to give us that height we need when we continually bomb the ball into the forward fifty with no target.

Reactions: 3 users

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
It’s time. He offers more than Naismith.

I know ruckmen like Gawn and Grundy don’t grow on trees but we have real concerns in this area.