Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Not really adding more to this conversation than adding weight, but I think Butler has lost his passion. At the end of 2016, the rumour was he was moving back to Ballarat as he'd been told he was being delisted, then had a last minute reprieve and was kept on the list for 12 months.
Maybe we'll get Ballarat Swan's 3rd rounder in a trade?

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I reckon he'd kill it at the Dees. They are desperate for leg speed.

Could do well at the Blues. He'd be a typical Blues player from their successful era. Coiffed hair, bludge a bit, and then clinical when they need to be.

Mind you he is still on our list and I will back him in till he is not.

Reactions: 2 users

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
Not really adding more to this conversation than adding weight, but I think Butler has lost his passion. At the end of 2016, the rumour was he was moving back to Ballarat as he'd been told he was being delisted, then had a last minute reprieve and was kept on the list for 12 months. Then he turned it around and became a rock solid 22 player.

Come 2018, after such a surprising turnaround in 2017, he started to regress. This year he has gone backwards even further, to that player we had in 2016. Maybe he needs a rocket, and a trade to someone else will revive his career. In our club though, I think we have enough of his type to set him on his way and start the migration process to another draftee.
I think the injury took a lot out of him and he has struggled to regain his confidence.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Get out Gillon
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I think the injury took a lot out of him and he has struggled to regain his confidence.
That's what it looks like. When he tries to run with the ball he looks as though he's expecting to get caught. Needs to learn some new tricks for when he's unable to get goal side.

Will never forget the blazing goal against Port which kept us in the game in 2017. Epitomised his year.

Last edited: