Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Not for me it doesn't, Carlton knew about Yarran's issues and tried to milk a 1 round pick out of us.

Just a *smile* club supported by shifty, sneaky rag traders, recyclers and plastic gangsters....

Time to square the ledger with these sucks!

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
WTF has happened with Dan the Man? We all loved him just 2 years ago and all of a sudden since his injury last season, his reputation has gone downhill.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
WTF has happened with Dan the Man? We all loved him just 2 years ago and all of a sudden since his injury last season, his reputation has gone downhill.

Lynch arrived so one less spot in the forward line.

Castagna has upped his overall game and gone past Butler. Rioli is a Rioli. Stackman and Shai have the XXX that Dan doesn't.

Dan's still a good small forward, we just have better, and plenty of them.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Lynch arrived so one less spot in the forward line.

Castagna has upped his overall game and gone past Butler. Rioli is a Rioli. Stackman and Shai have the XXX that Dan doesn't.

Dan's still a good small forward, we just have better, and plenty of them.
Even though we're not 100% sure on which way Shai goes?

I must admit, just like Brando, because they're both premiership players of just 2 years ago, I don't want them to go.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Even though we're not 100% sure on which way Shai goes?

I must admit, just like Brando, because they're both premiership players of just 2 years ago, I don't want them to go.

We can't keep them all and we've done alright in the draft these last few years so we need some room to draft in.

It would be nice to keep Dan but like Lloyd and Conca last year, no resentment if he goes.

But we want a better return pick than what we got for Lloyd.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Not for me it doesn't, Carlton knew about Yarran's issues and tried to milk a 1 round pick out of us.

Could say we did the same with Deledio and Vickery. Personally I don't get the angst about teams doing everything they can to get the most for players with issues. It's up to the club recruiting them to do their homework.

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
If sos can get two first rounders for Gibbs , & two close to first rounders for Yarran, & Hampson then it’s not out of the question to ask for a first rounder for a premiership player

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Butler does seem to be a periphery player these days. Be better for him if he can get to a club who will give him more opportunities.

He served us well in a premiership so good luck to him, hope that, if he moves, he has great form and plays well for a losing team.

DS

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Good on him for looking around. The club would have supported him in doing so given his place in the pecking order.

Needs to look after himself and his future now.

A club hero. Forever.

Reactions: 3 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008

Defends okay, but won’t go for the ball in any and every contest. Almost CAT like. Squeeze the blues for a 2nd Rd pick

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
My opinion is he lost a yard of his pace after the injury. And subsequently lost confidence.

He definitely stood up in the VFL final on the weekend

Reactions: 1 user

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Pick 39 seems the most likely (Carlton don’t have 34, we do):

However, given that we already have several decent picks this year (and the blues only have three inside the first 65), I reckon we might go for a future pick. Last year’s Stocker trade showed the blues are prepared to back themselves to improve, so maybe a trade of 2020 second rounders?

We really need someone else to be interested to ensure they can’t use the threat of the PSD.