Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
maybe. Hasn't Lloydy gone way above average with a key role though?

Yes 38 goals from 23 games. For me Lloyd is a superior player. The one thing that probably held him back is that he wasn't quick. I like him as a pure forward. We received pick 64 for Lloyd. You'd maybe expect a similar pick for Butler.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yes 38 goals from 23 games. For me Lloyd is a superior player. The one thing that probably held him back is that he wasn't quick. I like him as a pure forward. We received pick 64 for Lloyd. You'd maybe expect a similar pick for Butler.

I loved Lloyd as a depth player. But I reckon we've redefined footy twice in the last 3 years. In 2017 the pressure small forward was king and in 2019, fearless speed is the new thing. I reckon Butler ticks both boxes. Along with his VFL final series, which was really very good, I reckon astute clubs would be prepared to pay overs.

I reckon he could snare late second round off clubs like Carlton or Essendon :cool:

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I loved Lloyd as a depth player. But I reckon we've redefined footy twice in the last 3 years. In 2017 the pressure small forward was king and in 2019, fearless speed is the new thing. I reckon Butler ticks both boxes. Along with his VFL final series, which was really very good, I reckon astute clubs would be prepared to pay overs.

I reckon he could snare late second round off clubs like Carlton or Essendon :cool:

Butler is limited. Very straight-lined. I didn't think his finals campaign was great. Went missing for a lot of time. Prelim final he only had 10 disposals and 1 goal. First final he had a great last quarter (kicked 3 I think) but hardly there for much of the game.. Grand final was probably his best game but didn't goal.

Late 2nd for Butler? Extremely unlikely. Certainly not from Carlton . Carlton's eyes are on Papley, Martin and Betts.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Butler is limited. Very straight-lined. I didn't think his finals campaign was great. Went missing for a lot of time. Prelim final he only had 10 disposals and 1 goal. First final he had a great last quarter (kicked 3 I think) but hardly there for much of the game.. Grand final was probably his best game but didn't goal.

Late 2nd for Butler? Extremely unlikely. Certainly not from Carlton . Carlton's eyes are on Papley, Martin and Betts.

He was pretty good 2017 and most of 2018 until he done his ankle.
Struggled badly ever since.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
IMO, the saddest part of our season. I always loved the 3 amigos with Dan and George looking like best of mates and now after a 2017 flag everything goes downhill for Butts.

Sad to see him go, but life goes on. All the best at the Aints Butts.

Reactions: 8 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
IMO, the saddest part of our season. I always loved the 3 amigos with Dan and George looking like best of mates and now after a 2017 flag everything goes downhill for Butts.

Sad to see him go, but life goes on. All the best at the Aints Butts.

Yeah - will be interested to follow his progress - not against us of course
Good luck to him

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Will always remember the sealer in 2017 from Dan then the cross to Peggy and Benny. Etched in the memory, like Marlion's blind turn.

Reactions: 7 users

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
I like big Buts and I cannot lie.

Good luck Buts, and thank you! Premiership tiger.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Life member who will of course always be welcome back at the club.

All the best to him, hope he has many a successful season at his new club.

A victim of our outstanding recruitment and list management.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Good luck Dan would've been up against it for a spot next year and the RFC needs some cap space going forward.

Not our worst but no longer in the top 26.

Didn't attract as much interest as expected for a Premiership player as he spent most of the 2019 season in the reserves.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Will always remember the sealer in 2017 from Dan then the cross to Peggy and Benny. Etched in the memory, like Marlion's blind turn.
Yep. Always a special place in the memory. Thanks to the Geezer for helping break the drought in 2017. Hope he does well at the Aints, just not against us.

Reactions: 1 users