Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Back to RCD, good signs in the VFL.

Better possession numbers now, just needs some consistency.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Thoughts about RCD from those who caught today's game?

Watched most of the game online. His first 10 mins were exceptional. 4 disposal all of which were probably contested, laid 3 tackles, showed his ability to break away from the contest and even went up in ruck a couple of times and won a hitout. Then, he just completely disappeared for the rest of the match.

He’s a tantalizing prospect but today’s game was a worry.

Reactions: 1 user

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
He was stone motherless last in the tan trials at the start of pre-season which isn't great for a potential mid. If he's prepared to work hard on his tank, then hopefully his whole game will start to look like his first 10 mins.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
He was stone motherless last in the tan trials at the start of pre-season which isn't great for a potential mid. If he's prepared to work hard on his tank, then hopefully his whole game will start to look like his first 10 mins.

motherless he definitely aint

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Some vision of Stocker vs Cunnington..

flfxno.jpg
:D

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006
It makes sense that his time trials were bad. The kid grew 8cm in the 12 months leading up to the draft, his body is still adjusting to his new frame.

Agree it is a little worrying, however the club at this stage would more likely be looking at his VO2 max readings, which effectively measures his oxygen intake capacity or capacity to get fit. If he's good here then it should just be a matter of time before he builds that tank...

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
It makes sense that his time trials were bad. The kid grew 8cm in the 12 months leading up to the draft, his body is still adjusting to his new frame.

Agree it is a little worrying, however the club at this stage would more likely be looking at his VO2 max readings, which effectively measures his oxygen intake capacity or capacity to get fit. If he's good here then it should just be a matter of time before he builds that tank...

The expectations from supporters these days can be highly unrealistic. Imagine the pressure the players themselves feel to perform. They have, in most cases, been elite in all junior age brackets and arrive at the club and see exceptions, rather than the norm, like Stack and Ross making instant impact. In strong clubs with settled AFL teams like Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney, young players are forced to do an apprenticeship to learn systems, game plans and building their bodies to cope with the rigours of senior football. Because we’re new to the landscape of a strong performing team, we’re still very insecure about drafting juniors and expecting instant results. Well guys, get used to the slow burn approach because 44 doesn’t go into 22 players for a start and secondly it’s not realistic for players to dominate their first years playing against men. Naish, Eggy , CCJ, Balta and RCD have plenty of time and development as long as you can see glimpses. Eggy a perfect example. Looked delisting material to me in his first season. Improving magnificently with no expectation from supporters and probably himself yet I can see a long distinguished career unfolding because they’re not crippled by pressure and guilt. They’re taught and encouraged. And Fly the best possible teacher of young men in the game.

Reactions: 5 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Like others have said I also thought his start to yesterday’s game was first class. I look at RCD like a young key position player , his going to take a bit longer to be AFL ready then your normal 6ft mid , I think we have a very good player on our hands , he just may take a couple of big pre seasons

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Thought RCD was ok yesterday. His last couple games before that though we're very good. A prospect for 2020

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Didn't watch the VFL, but reports that a young, first year, just drafted, large mid, was great at the start of the game and then faded; well, that sounds to me like an excellent prospect being developed. You expect young players to be in and out of games, the question is what you see when they are in the game. He has time to build his tank and gain experience. Would be nice o see him in the AFL side for a game to give him a taste and give him the experience. But this all sounds like a very good prospect and a large inside mid is just what we need.

DS

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
RCD time will come next year as I reckon he has missed his chance this year to play seniors with our more experienced player back on deck.

And there is another first year ahead of him now in Ross - once he is over his injury.

Bizzbizz

Tiger Rookie
Jul 13, 2015
Worried about this kid can’t find the ball ccj getting more pill is a massive worry

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
Doesn't look upto it a this stage and often runs straight into a tackle. See how he goes with another couple of preseasons under his belt

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Early days, nothing to worry about yet. Players mature at different rates, imo he'll be ok in a season or 2.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Was always going to be more long-term proposition in my eyes. Doesn't have the tank yet. Riskier prospect than Ross but apparently has big upside. We'll have a better idea I guess this time next year.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
He is playing centre in the seconds. Probably other players could do the job better but that is the exact reason we have the seconds. Let him learn that role and let him build on his endurance.

Don't care if we dont see him until 2021 to be honest.