Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Its these up and coming kids that are keeping the more established players in the firsts honest. Bodes well for our future
I like the fact we don't need to throw anyone in at the deep end & we don't do it either. Hence they play well when they come in because they have earned it.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
With a new old bull to keep an eye out for them in Marlion ...! Dunno where we fit 'em all in to be honest!

What a problem to have, who would have thought this was even possible only 4 or 5 years ago.

Took years to get to this point, only long term and ambitious thinking gets you here from where we were for so long. Great to see.

DS

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What a problem to have, who would have thought this was even possible only 4 or 5 years ago.

Took years to get to this point, only long term and ambitious thinking gets you here from where we were for so long. Great to see.

DS
Yep.
Now comes the hardest part of the balancing act. Keeping all the youngsters fully engaged with enough meaningful game time as they learn n develop while the older players ease toward the end, yet stay deep in our finals period.

Reactions: 2 users

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004

DS
In working out a possible team to start the year I came up with:

Balta Grimes Stack
Vlastuin Astbury Broad
Caddy Cotchin Ross
Pickett Riewoldt Rioli
Bolton Lynch Nankervis
Soldo Martin Prestia
Edwards Graham Lambert Houli

that leaves on the sidelines players like Short, Baker, Castagna, McIntosh, Chol, Higgins, Smith, RSD, CCJ, Naish, Turner etc

There was a lot of, IMO overblown, worry about our supposed lack of midfield grunt a few years back when Vlastuin first played in the guts.

Now we have a LOT of players capable of working, even if in small stints, in the midfield.
1) Soldo, Cotchin, Martin, Prestia
2) Nankervis, Edwards, Graham, Lambert
3) Lynch, Pickett, Caddy, Bolton
4) Balta, Vlastuin, Ross, Stack
and other alternates like Riewoldt, Houli and Rioli.

A pool of 19 from 22 players who would not be out of place in midfield.
Astonishing achievement of recruiting and coaching over the last few years regardless of where we started from.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
In working out a possible team to start the year I came up with:

Balta Grimes Stack
Vlastuin Astbury Broad
Caddy Cotchin Ross
Pickett Riewoldt Rioli
Bolton Lynch Nankervis
Soldo Martin Prestia
Edwards Graham Lambert Houli

that leaves on the sidelines players like Short, Baker, Castagna, McIntosh, Chol, Higgins, Smith, RSD, CCJ, Naish, Turner etc

There was a lot of, IMO overblown, worry about our supposed lack of midfield grunt a few years back when Vlastuin first played in the guts.

Now we have a LOT of players capable of working, even if in small stints, in the midfield.
1) Soldo, Cotchin, Martin, Prestia
2) Nankervis, Edwards, Graham, Lambert
3) Lynch, Pickett, Caddy, Bolton
4) Balta, Vlastuin, Ross, Stack
and other alternates like Riewoldt, Houli and Rioli.

A pool of 19 from 22 players who would not be out of place in midfield.
Astonishing achievement of recruiting and coaching over the last few years regardless of where we started from.

Your laying it out on paper Redan shows how hard selection will be. On your selected starting 22 there is no way Georgie is not in that team.
You wouldn't have Nank in the pocket with Lynch and Riewoldt, so start on the bench or not in side, (fitness wise, groins, I would hold him back anyway).
We need another pure wingman to replace BEllis, unless you move Shai there we will need a replacement and Ross and Graham are mids not wingwan, (although Ross has slimmed down in an attempt to be more damaging on the outside). (Don't be surprised if Kmac rises from the ashes he has come back in ripping nick and is determined to get his wing spot back, or at least that is what i deduced from my discussion with Fly).
So I would give Graham more time to strengthen his shoulder and happy for Ross to stay in your lineup as he has already showed he is capable when filling in for Cotch.

My starting team:

B Short Grimes Broad
HB Vlaustin Astbury Houli
C Caddy Pickett Shai
HF Rioli Riewoldt Castagna
F Martin Lynch Stack

Followers: Soldo Cotchin Prestia

IC Lambert Edwards Ross (Last spot goes to CJ Balta or Mabs)

*Houli has been dealing with soft tissue issues and yet to put in a full session, (Baker to replace if he doesn't come up) .
*Nank, groins yet to put in a full session
*Graham, shoulder yet to put in a full session

RCD: Need to see pre-season games to see if he has made the progress i expect.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
(Don't be surprised if Kmac rises from the ashes he has come back in ripping nick and is determined to get his wing spot back, or at least that is what i deduced from my discussion with Fly).
This is a good news story. Bellis spot goes to kmac if fit and finds tiger form.
Can only imagine the pain for the other boys who missed the big dance last year will have plotted the same response.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
This years X factor. Not sure who he replaces but if we get this bloke having a Stack impact in 2020 it makes things terrifying for the rest of the league.