Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
How many centre bounces did he attend? At the ground looked like he played half forward for most the game yet in all the VFL matches he has been playing as a defensive midfielder.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Hes made over half a million bucks,

Out of being almost as big as paddy cripps and bont.

its time for riley to get a real job.

(But if his role in the process tonight was to make Jack Ross

Look like a footballer,

He's probably polled his first JD votes )

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Anybody who saw RCD attend every centre bounce in the VFA last week for four clearances would have been amazed that he was selected to play against Melbourne last night.

He was miles less awful against Melbourne than he was in the VFA.

FWIW I'd keep him in ahead of Edwards. And Mr Damien Hardwick seems to rate him ahead of Dow.

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I loved it when Mr Damien Hardwick threw him forward to see if he could play. And RCD almost had a moment.

I thought RCD played the best defensive game of his life and was better than usual with the ball.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Seemed to be MIA, low disposals reflects that.

I would give him a chance for another game or two. Best midfield going tonight, possibly worst team next week. If he can't perform against what's left of WCE next week then back to the VFL and goodbye.

Wasn't just that he was ineffective, he just didn't seem to have any drive and doesn't work hard.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

crackajack71

What Tiger?
Oct 19, 2006
Wasn't just that he was ineffective, he just didn't seem to have any drive and doesn't work hard.
I noticed this as well at one stage he stood waiting for a bounce with the appearance of despair while the Melbourne boys were all upbeat and chatting around him, Overall we seem to lack some spark and energy that we have had in previous years and Riley unfortunately isn't the player to create it,

Reactions: 1 user

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Played like a deer-in-the-headlights debutant.

He’s never going to make it.

Was worth taking a chance on but it didn’t work out.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I hope we play him at half back or half forward in the VFL and give more midfield time to MartYn, Sonsie etc

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
From what I saw (not much)
He was below AFL standard but considering we ain't playing finals, we may as well play him.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
If we're going to play this guy....on ball. In the contest, or get him to retire now. Wasting everyone's time if we're trying to make him a HFF.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Didn’t show anything last night. Our young midfield took a big step back.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
First game back in the seniors on a night when the Dees totally obliterated us all over the park ( excepting the score board ) n R2D2 was barely sighted. I'd give him a run against Wet Coke next week purely in the hope that he might show something worth persevering with against a team that's struggling.
If he can't make a decent impact then, there won't be much scope for persevering beyond the maggos till seasons end.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Riley didn't have to show much against the elite midfield of the comp to get another crack next week.
Unfortunately for him he didn't show anything.
I was at the game and he was completely unsighted and I mean literally. Like to see TOG. I only recall seeing him at two centre bounces.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
If he wasn't a 1st round pick he would have been punted last year.

He reminds you of the car you owned when you were younger, it kept on letting you down but because you had spent a lot of money buying and maintaining it

you are reluctant to part with it because it has no resell value.

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Looks timid. Would have thought he would have shown a lot more than that last night given he’s been waiting for another chance.

IMHO he won’t make it.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Pretty harsh on RCD. It would be hard to slot in with a different midfield in the seniors against the bast and be played out of position much of the game. No time to settle and gell with others. If he played against Adelaide and then the dees it would have been a different story I think. I think the selection committee and coaches have a lot to answer for. Setting people up to fail is really poor. Did it with Ryan last year and it smashed his confidence for a few months.