Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
going round in circles BT.
If you dont think pick 20 is a good pick, well so be it.

To me, its a pretty damn good pick. lots of good players taken around the mark.
maybe not that year, sure not looking that way. should have traded it if the pool was ordinary that year.

either way, rcd is not gonna be close to the player many kept suggesting with patience.

Maybe there were no takers for a trade. You are making assumptions and insinuating that we didn't try. Maybe we did hence why we asked for more time before taking RCD.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Not sure Riley's manager will be getting many calls. We'll probably keep him on given we'll likely have at least three retirements. Was pretty good today. Running more, that's what we want.

Reactions: 3 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
going round in circles BT.
If you dont think pick 20 is a good pick, well so be it.

To me, its a pretty damn good pick. lots of good players taken around the mark.
maybe not that year, sure not looking that way. should have traded it if the pool was ordinary that year.

either way, rcd is not gonna be close to the player many kept suggesting with patience.
what was actually said:
Pick 20 is only a good pick if there are genuine prospects on the board.

We had to be patient with EVERY pick that was being developed in the COVID era. They weren't playing games - how are they actually going to develop - x box?
Good picks are only good picks if there's enough talent to make it warranted. As I said above, we tried to trade the pick. But if all the other drafters now that there's not going to be much available at that pick, do you honestly expect them to trade for it, and give us something valuable in return?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Not sure Riley's manager will be getting many calls. We'll probably keep him on given we'll likely have at least three retirements. Was pretty good today. Running more, that's what we want.

I reckon you are right, we will likely keep him on low $'s.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
yes its true we had to be patient during 19-21 covid era. i will give you the patience reasoning.

But frankly, I'm a little over watching him play. as I said, reminds me of the dark years of plodding mids in our team.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Maybe there were no takers for a trade. You are making assumptions and insinuating that we didn't try. Maybe we did hence why we asked for more time before taking RCD.
not insinuating anything Posh. Just saying what I have said for 2 years, he's a bust.
And we should have traded the pick if we believed the pool to be poor. If we really wanted to, we could have for sure.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
not insinuating anything Posh. Just saying what I have said for 2 years, he's a bust.
And we should have traded the pick if we believed the pool to be poor. If we really wanted to, we could have for sure.

There has to be a market for a trade though. What if they offered is a future 3rd for Pick 20. Fans on here would have erupted if that happened, but who knows, maybe that was the market for a trade. If people don't want the pick, the value will drop.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
I always had a soft spot for him. I still see a lot to work with in him, but he doesn’t really ever look interested. See him singing the song in the vfl today? No passion or interest at all.

When he was given a run at it last year I thought he did okay. But we have this thing about not playing our kids to there strengths IMO and trying to make them something they aren’t.

I can’t see him making it with us now. I can see him making it as a good solid player with someone else If he puts in the work.

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
We never tried to trade the pick that we selected RCD

St kilda were tying to trade with the crows for the pick carlton got from the crows and St kilda wanted to draft RCD

RCD was always a project player with huge upside and was expected to be selected between 10-20

It Was the Stocker year

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I always had a soft spot for him. I still see a lot to work with in him, but he doesn’t really ever look interested. See him singing the song in the vfl today? No passion or interest at all.

When he was given a run at it last year I thought he did okay. But we have this thing about not playing our kids to there strengths IMO and trying to make them something they aren’t.

I can’t see him making it with us now. I can see him making it as a good solid player with someone else If he puts in the work.
Yep.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
What ever happens, stay away from the Curse of Pick 6

1658580895170.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Can’t believe we drafted him.
He was always a crap singer. Even at junior level

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Strongly disagree. One key ingredient of a dynasty is sticking by your players, that get you the flags, but also leads to the inevitable dip or crash. Its inevitable, always has been, and now its legislated and guaranteed by the equalisation policies.

Managing the inevitable dip or crash is the task at hand.

One of the things that interest me over the years reading PRE is gauging the poster consensus and comparing that with club action. PRE consensus can be pretty on the money at times, and there has been some ripper big debates over the years, trade or keep Otto, sack or keep Dimma. I don't think there were very many posters demanding we cut harder, I can't remember any, in fact I remember the consensus was more like apart from 1 or 2, we'll struggle to find any to cut.
We also did cut hard during those years.
We moved on our mature depth, guys like Lloyd, who were placed 25-28 on the list.
And allowed fringies to go like Markov, Ellis.

Its meant we ve had a much younger backup and more inexperienced vfl side.

The idea the club wasn't very proactive in list management is mistaken and attempt to incorrectly rewrite history

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We never tried to trade the pick that we selected RCD

St kilda were tying to trade with the crows for the pick carlton got from the crows and St kilda wanted to draft RCD

RCD was always a project player with huge upside and was expected to be selected between 10-20

It Was the Stocker year
Was that Bailey Smiths draft? If it was we were desperate to move up the draft board to get Smith.

Reactions: 2 users