Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Has had 2 very good games and 1 good game in his last 3 games.

Has good skills and looks to be improving his outside game.

Has some good AFL traits, I hope he gets another contract.

30 disposals, 5 tackles, 12 clearances.

20 disposals, 5 tackles, 3 clearances.

33 disposals, 6 tackles, 6 clearances.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Has had 2 very good games and 1 good game in his last 3 games.

Has good skills and looks to be improving his outside game.

Has some good AFL traits, I hope he gets another contract.

30 disposals, 5 tackles, 12 clearances.

20 disposals, 5 tackles, 3 clearances.

33 disposals, 6 tackles, 6 clearances.
Agree, he was good yesterday and those numbers in isolation look impressive.

However, he’s a 22yo AFL listed player in his 4th season. He really should putting in performances like yesterday every single week but he hasn’t.

I still think it’s time for both parties to move on. Riley’s had 4 years and hasn’t established himself in the best 22-26 players on our list yet. The Club has put a lot of development into him but it hasn’t paid off like both parties have probably hoped for. Time give others an opportunity.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
When he was selected the club said he was a long term prospect. How long is a ‘long term’? I wouldn’t be unhappy with another season purely because we have barely any midfielders coming through.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

However, he’s a 22yo AFL listed player in his 4th season. He really should putting in performances like yesterday every single week but he hasn’t.

I still think it’s time for both parties to move on. Riley’s had 4 years and hasn’t established himself in the best 22-26 players on our list yet. The Club has put a lot of development into him but it hasn’t paid off like both parties have probably hoped for. Time give others an opportunity.

Lambert and Caddy have retired, Parker has gone back to Wa, Shed is likely to retire.

Martyn and Aarts are likely to be delisted, there might be a couple more too.

That's 6 players, not sure that one more year is going to hurt, I think he might be just starting to mature, some mature earlier than others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Lambert and Caddy have retired, Parker has gone back to Wa, Shed is likely to retire.

Martyn and Aarts are likely to be delisted, there might be a couple more too.

That's 6 players, not sure that one more year is going to hurt, I think he might be just starting to mature, some mature early than others.
Here’s the things
We’ve got three draft picks
They are covered by lambert caddy edwards retiring

If we delist someone like martyn, we are replacing him with someone around pick 65.
Keeping martyn is better value than replacing him

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Good on RCD for knuckling down and delivering some impressive numbers. Hopefully, we are seeing the making of him; he gets another year and he goes up another level or two.

While I have been underwhelmed, given his size, he is worth persisting with.

Reactions: 2 users

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020
Good on RCD for knuckling down and delivering some impressive numbers. Hopefully, we are seeing the making of him; he gets another year and he goes up another level or two.

While I have been underwhelmed, given his size, he is worth persisting with.

Can’t dismiss the lack of development due to covid either. I agree with @tigerman were going to have a lot of players moving on at the end of the year I’d be giving this bloke a two year deal

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We need kids that run all day, Lambert types, Flappers types.
Every time I see Collier Dawkins he does what he needs to do and then parks it.
There's a reason he dosent get picked, his work rate without the ball is Shithouse.
We gave pick 19 to Geelong and they pick up a running machine in Holmes. Holmes is the exact player we need.
I'm still traumatised from Collier Dawkins efforts against Collingwood last year.
I would've delisted him after that game

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I put RCD into the Ben Miller category. Miller has given nada until this year and lo and behold he looks like becoming a player. One more year for RCD. He has (slightly) turned my head around. I want to see him do it in the remaining VFL games and hopefully VFL finals too. Keep - by the skin of his teeth.

Reactions: 3 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
He had the best learning environment imaginable and he still doesn't look competent at VFL level in 2022.

That's failure from a highly privileged position
Need to factor covid in the middle of all that. Massive disruption to development. Might be 22 but really he's only had 2 full years of development.

Reactions: 5 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Will he be on the list next year? Odds are stacked against him. At best he gets a 1 year contract.

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
Surely gone - he will be exploring his options elsewhere and if we do have a 1 year extension for him he will only sign if there are no other clubs interested. Someone will pick him up and take a chance on him, his numbers in the VFL the last 3-4 weeks have been very good

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
His mums don't even barrack for us. Doubt they are saying nice things about the club at home. I think environment would be all about Riley not RFC which may help explain some things
What are you talking about. Seriously.

Reactions: 3 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb

He is doing well now. One more year, unless a very good offer comes in.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Need to factor covid in the middle of all that. Massive disruption to development. Might be 22 but really he's only had 2 full years of development.
Plus we’ve got three prime picks and Taranto, if we get him will absorb a lot of that, given that we are already cutting lambert and edwards and caddy.

so if we cut Riley and will martyn we are most likely only replacing them with speculative players.

Reactions: 1 user