Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Deep down I really feel sorry for RCD.

Looks to have all the tools. you wonder what might have happened if he had gone through a more traditional football pathway to the AFL.

Reactions: 1 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Will be last player signed at Richmond if we / he cant find him another home. Will just be taking the spot of a junior midfielder that needs the minutes next year

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Deep down I really feel sorry for RCD.

Looks to have all the tools. you wonder what might have happened if he had gone through a more traditional football pathway to the AFL.
Not sure what you mean. Did he not grow up playing footy at Waverley Blues in the EFL and spent years in the Oakleigh Chargers system which is acknowledged as the best in the U/16 & U/18 system; whatever it’s called these days (NAB Cup, TAC Cup?)?

What is non traditional about that pathway?

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Not sure what you mean. Did he not grow up playing footy at Waverley Blues in the EFL and spent years in the Oakleigh Chargers system which is acknowledged as the best in the U/16 & U/18 system; whatever it’s called these days (NAB Cup, TAC Cup?)?

Fair point. I have read previously that he didn't come through the junior systems like other players. Assumed he hadn't had access to the high level coaching of other draftees as a younger player.

Should have done my homework. I thought he hadn't played U/18 champs for instance and only had a limited time at TAC level. But I see he actually played 28 games at that level.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Fair point. I have read previously that he didn't come through the junior systems like other players. Assumed he hadn't had access to the high level coaching of other draftees as a younger player.

Should have done my homework. I thought he hadn't played U/18 champs for instance and only had a limited time at TAC level. But I see he actually played 28 games at that level.
All good mate. I’m pretty sure he had the benefit of a very traditional pathway.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

The only non traditional aspect, probably, is not having a dad to kick the footy with, and tell him what he's doing wrong.

Without any more specific knowledge of this childhood than what's been posted on here previously.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Maybe, but if GWS are trying to clear cap space, RCD is hardly going to help.
I doubt he would be on much.
He may be thrown in a trade, but it wont effect any other parts of the trade.- eg we get Hopper and Tarranto, for picks 12, 19 and next years 1st, or we get Hopper and Tarranto, for picks 12, 19 and next years 1st and RCD.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I doubt he would be on much.
He may be thrown in a trade, but it wont effect any other parts of the trade.- eg we get Hopper and Tarranto, for picks 12, 19 and next years 1st, or we get Hopper and Tarranto, for picks 12, 19 and next years 1st and RCD.

Agree he wouldn’t be on much.

Figure the Giants wouldn’t want him. They look to be reloading through the draft.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I would give him 1 more year as a Rookie

Just seen glimpses at VFL that leaves that question mark in my head that maybe just maybe

And its just a rookie spot

Same with Stack

Reactions: 4 users

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004
RCD development has been hindered by covid and the lack of games he has been able to play. Dimma has been on record about this.

Secondly he has been trying to get a game in amongst a great Tiger era with a strong list.

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
RCD development has been hindered by covid and the lack of games he has been able to play. Dimma has been on record about this.

Secondly he has been trying to get a game in amongst a great Tiger era with a strong list.
I think first point is valid but we have been threadbare in midfield at times and he has largely not got a game or not kept his spot. Same can be said for Dow but he is a little younger and with more upside.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I think first point is valid but we have been threadbare in midfield at times and he has largely not got a game or not kept his spot. Same can be said for Dow but he is a little younger and with more upside.

I think history will show RCD wasn’t quite up to it. If he was good enough, Hardwick would have played him and players like Sonsie and even Clarke have walked straight past him in the pecking order.

CCJ is one such player - I was disappointed when he was traded to lolnorf but the evidence now shows there was a reason he couldn’t get a regular game with us - not at the required standard and potential only gets you so far. I think Dow is in the same boat and I cant see either on out list in 2 years time.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The irony is that RCD could well succeed better if he moves, new environment, new coach etc. Works for a fair number of players, see Chol.

Also agree with the off Manhattan guy, likely better for RCD to get a fresh start somewhere else. If we get Taranto and Hopper he will struggle to play any AFL for Richmond.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The irony is that RCD could well succeed better if he moves, new environment, new coach etc. Works for a fair number of players, see Chol.

Also agree with the off Manhattan guy, likely better for RCD to get a fresh start somewhere else. If we get Taranto and Hopper he will struggle to play any AFL for Richmond.

DS
Yeah, I don't know why more ex AFL players looking for a second chance don't go to the stand alone VFL teams where they don't have to play second fiddle to AFL listed guys and can really show what they've got.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
I would give him 1 more year as a Rookie

Just seen glimpses at VFL that leaves that question mark in my head that maybe just maybe

And its just a rookie spot

Same with Stack
Production is trending up, wrong time to cut him, 12 months required I feel, at the moment he wouldn't command much compensation but we all knew he was a 4 year project so we have to see this through.

Reactions: 10 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
I see that the guy traded into picking, "so that we couldn't take him", was delisted today. Further evidence that the year these guys were drafted was a draft thin on good talent.
I think Riley could fill a role, maybe not for us, but I think he could. Certainly more talented than some AFL footballers.
As for Stocker, if he's got any talent, I'm sure Teague will say something.
I try not to watch Carlton too much because they make me sick, but my Carlton mates say Stocker is a tough nut but doesn’t find the ball enough.

In fairness they did say that his was played all over the shop, probably played best in defence but never really locked down a spot