Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Good on him

Out of interest - anyone have intel (or ballpark type estimates) on the sort of deal a bloke like Riley might be on over there.
For example - is a non-footy job typically part of a deal? I'm assuming he wouldn't be a full-time professional footballer - but I've got no idea.

Presumably also - he would hope to be play well enough to be redrafted in the next year or two.
Just hope he makes a good go of things whatever happens.

At State or even club level full time employment setup by one of the sponsors, board members or supporters is often part of the package.

At Ammo level where they can't pay cash it is the only driver to reward players. But the connections there are typically outstanding.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
No love for Riley either in the rookie draft, it's SANFL for him next year

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
1-2 BIG years at state league and a 2nd chance call may present .. he has to work extremely hard for an opportunity to open up again

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Stack is the one that showed sooo much and because of a stinking attitude he will never see the AFL again.
He was good when he was on

Reactions: 4 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
1-2 BIG years at state league and a 2nd chance call may present .. he has to work extremely hard for an opportunity to open up again
Yep. Needs to show he can dominate lower levels but suspect that his AFL days are over. Have to make hay whilst the sun is shining

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
Tried to see how he was going at Woodville West Torrens dont see his name on their list does anyone know whats going on with him?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
RCD has finished in the SANFL, will be at Williamstown next year.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Lacks the mental bottle to make it.
Nah! He was tooo laconic and very lethargic looking.
I watched him 1 day at Punt Rd before the seniors and he walked to contests. He would put in 1 effort and then pack it in.
not sure Clarke picked the kid he watched.
Collier Dawkins is the kids that I talked about all the time. The good is extremely good and stands out. But are they really hungry to play?
If he is going from the SANFL to Williamstown it proves he still loves playing..he just may be not good enough for AFL.
I like kids like Bulter Baker Lambert that are hungry to play, he never showed that hunger.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Agreed. He has the tools but never seemed to want to make the extra effort to succeed
Disagree with this. I was working on a project during one of the off seasons he was with the club. He had seemed to hire some form of personal trainer to help him - not sure specifically with what, but was doing work regularly in the off season that year. I agree with you though about an apparent lack of competitive drive. He had a lot of the physical traits to be a player, just couldn't find "it" on the field.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Rumour has it he walked out of his SANFL club mid year. Didn’t want to play anymore. Beware Willy!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
He'll enjoy it down there with the Seagulls on the Bay. it's positively tropical during Winter.

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Hope this is a lesson for the club
Don’t draft players with two mum’s

• Haha

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
About what he averaged in u18 before being drafted. To paraphrase a famous quote, when the draftees show you who they are, believe them.
Spot on Jack
Can't change them.
Come with spots will always have spots.
Can't change it.
That's why I can't believe we never (long time) ever drafted a kid that got leather poisoning.
All our draftees are low possessions players .
What were Ross's numbers? Sony?? Dow?? Lennon? Martin?? Couglan??