Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Three centre clearances by the 10-second mark of the third quarter, then pretty much put on ice. Go again.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The other to pay for an underwhelming performance last weekend.

Just watched Dow sail past him.

From what I've seen and heard from the RFC match committee and coaching staff young Dow is quite highly rated.

A decent effort against the GWS may well see young Dow get a chance at a round 1 debut, form of others considered.

Reactions: 1 user

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Not liking what I’m seeing with RCD. Doesn’t hunt the ball or go after the hard ball. Loose ball gets are where he wins most of his very few possessions. Not sure what his best position is either.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Needs to learn how to do the basics right before his career starts to blossom . Offers little defensive pressure at stoppages ( eg arm across opponent etc ) seems very one dimensional as well . Watching guys like Jack Ross and Jack Graham play through mid field rotations , both of them do the basics correct . Kicking and decision making needs addressing as well

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Not liking what I’m seeing with RCD. Doesn’t hunt the ball or go after the hard ball. Loose ball gets are where he wins most of his very few possessions. Not sure what his best position is either.

Hmmm, very premature evaluations after just 15 months in the system. Best position easy will be inside mid. IMO opinion club wanting him to develop more of his outside game so he can use his explosiveness to advantage and stints resting forward all of which will be a good thing. If you have watched VFL footy the "not going after the hard ball" comment is a misnomer.
Valid is you would like to see more possessions in time.
Young and raw that is what development is for, can't always have instant gratification.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Good comments, caesar
I think many of us have an eye on RCD and are hoping he's going to be the player many of us think he could be.
But you're absolutely right ... he is young and raw and with time and some good fortune I think we might see him play a handful of games this season, later on.
Has the potential to be a very good player.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Good comments, caesar
I think many of us have an eye on RCD and are hoping he's going to be the player many of us think he could be.
But you're absolutely right ... he is young and raw and with time and some good fortune I think we might see him play a handful of games this season, later on.
Has the potential to be a very good player.

Had a decent VFL finals series and VFL GF.
Went to all the games and thought to myself this kid will play games in 2020.

After 1 practice match I’m not putting. Line through him.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Hmmm, very premature evaluations after just 15 months in the system. Best position easy will be inside mid. IMO opinion club wanting him to develop more of his outside game so he can use his explosiveness to advantage and stints resting forward all of which will be a good thing. If you have watched VFL footy the "not going after the hard ball" comment is a misnomer.
Young and raw that is what development is for, can't always have instant gratification.

Below is from the VFL report on RFC website:

"From a midfield perspective a svelte looking Jack Ross led the charge along with young brute, Riley Collier-Dawkins, who spilt his time between midfield and forward.

Collier-Dawkins' strength forward of centre is his contested marking and that was on show against Werribee."

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Yeah RCD was like a Ragging Bull in the VFL finals, inside and outside.

I had him in the bust basket pre-draft.

obviously I was obligated to quickly relocate him into the boom basket when we called his name,

but he was amongst our best in the VFL prelim and GF,

very good signs from a first year kid, especially one with a KPP body

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
One way to develop a midfielder who has trouble find the ball is to play him as a tagger on the oppositions best.

This way it is using the opposition to develop your young midfielder.

After a season of playing on the oppositions best he should have learnt where the ball is going to be.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I've said it before, I'll say it again: RCD finds the ball fine, it's just that his style is to look to bust a tackle, which he's not always strong enough to do - yet. He has possession without recording a disposal several times per game.

Reactions: 1 user

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Those goals in the VFL grand final were amazing kicks on the run.
Should have done him alot for his confidence going forward.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
One way to develop a midfielder who has trouble find the ball is to play him as a tagger on the oppositions best.

This way it is using the opposition to develop your young midfielder.

After a season of playing on the oppositions best he should have learnt where the ball is going to be.

I'm sure he spends time on Dusty at stoppages in training? @caesar?

Im also sure he'd be learning spread and overlap run from stoppages off Dion, THE best in the business IMBO

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Riley was a touch disappointing today. Struggled to find the ball & didn't really stand out.
Bit disappointing after such a roaring finish to last season.
He's a massive unit. I just hope he's not gotten too big.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Not great news, and obvs still a youngster. But he is a key for the Rioli generation (post Cotch)
Was he playing mostly onball?
Any time floating forward.