Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Surely it's time for this young bull to play against GC.
There are question marks on Prestia's fitness & with the likes of Graham, Ross & Caddy having a crack in the midfield already & looking slow & ineffectual, we need to see what RCD can bring. His larger frame could be exactly what we need to make the difference. Let's not die wondering..

Yeah, I reckon if we don't, then he will look somewhere else to get a game after we did all the development.

Putting him in against a young team playing well in GC would be perfect. Plus, we saw last week that the middle needs work.

Give him a game!

DS

Reactions: 4 users

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Was always going to take a while, physically needed to get used to being a bigger body (very late growth spurt), is a moments players who currently plays in fits and spurts, this year hasnt helped definitely, but I certainly woudlnt be writing him off yet. Has always displayed a tendency to rise to the occasion in big games and make something happen in key moments

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Purely from a selfish point of view , really want to see him debut against the Suns , just to ad a bit more excitement to the viewing.

side note, I really feel for all you Tiges out there who rarely get to go to the footy, it’s been a real painful eye opener this season to what you interstaters and the like have to go through. Talking to our group about it recently and how it’s not just the 2 hours 40 minutes of footy we miss but the hours leading up to game time and the post game activities

Reactions: 5 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Purely from a selfish point of view , really want to see him debut against the Suns , just to ad a bit more excitement to the viewing.

side note, I really feel for all you Tiges out there who rarely get to go to the footy, it’s been a real painful eye opener this season to what you interstaters and the like have to go through. Talking to our group about it recently and how it’s not just the 2 hours 40 minutes of footy we miss but the hours leading up to game time and the post game activities

Dont miss the head the morning after though!!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Markov played recently and did ok. He adds versitility (can play HB, wing and as a leading forward) and pace.
Markov did well actually but doesn't get another go. Whereas, as other players do poorly, get picked next game. Or get dropped, don't really show much has changed (hard going on scratch match form), then soon selected again.
I've started to wonder about our selection policies.

Anyway, perfect game to debut RCD. Give the kid a game.

Reactions: 3 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Hi really want to see Riley play, but I think when he was drafted his tank was very inadequate to be an AFL mid. I think it'll take a while to build that up to a decent level.
I think that more than anything was the reason why he wasn't getting enough disposals, as he isn't making it to enough contests, not so much his ability to win the ball when he's in one.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Hi really want to see Riley play, but I think when he was drafted his tank was very inadequate to be an AFL mid. I think it'll take a while to build that up to a decent level.
I think that more than anything was the reason why he wasn't getting enough disposals, as he isn't making it to enough contests, not so much his ability to win the ball when he's in one.

Believe you are spot on the money there General.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Covid has mucked up many things, especially the meaningful development of young players.

A key problem for us is how to handle a top big-bodied midfield under finals pressure. If all of Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards become available, maybe we just let them go head to head and back ourselves in, especially now that Shai has stepped right up to become an extra weapon. At least breaking even at centre clearances is the way to take advantage of the 6-6-6 rule and avoid congestion.

If, however, we end up short-staffed in the area of top mids, I'm sure Dimma will want a guy like Graham/Ross to play a high-pressure, negating role come finals time.

There also seems to be a lot going on with the development and refinement of Stack's and Pickett's roles around the midfield.

Having said all of the above, I can't see RCD becoming an extra variable unless we run out of alternatives.

good post Celebrity.

I agree, our starting midfield is diminutive - dion, sheds, Cotchy, $hai.

Dusty is the exception, but he's offensive. Cotchy is obviously an iron fist in a silk glove.

Nank acts like an Ollie Wines at centre clearances so he will give us heaps.

But I think part of the role you allude to for Stackman And Marlion (both what I call, perhaps politically incorrect, trans-footballers - trapped in an incongruous body. Eric Hipwood is trans-, but not in a good way. good and bad trans-? I'll quit the analogy while im behind)

I think part of their role through the guts in finals,

will be to have opposition mids down in the rooms, unable to identify the year or continent they live in.

an old fashioned notion, yes.

Reactions: 2 users

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Definitely needed to build his tank in a big way after getting drafted, needed to be heavily rotated during his top age year and also rotated forward (was very good in this area)

Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I need Mr T. to create a "special" function especially for me so i can completely delete a post when i invariably stuff up;).
You didn't stuff up. You just weren't as right as you normally are :cool:

Reactions: 1 users