Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
And most likely he would have made his debut but for getting injured at the inopportune moment. That's just further bad luck.

In fact, it was one of the minor annoying things about 2020 for me. Just odd that Garth, CCJ and RCD - no VFL games, just scratch matches - all came down with injuries just when we could have played them.

How did these injuries occur with such bad timing? Tough 'scratch' matches.

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I see your Woewodin and raise you Brian Wilson
Have to laugh. ... Willo was a mate of a mate and the night after Libba won he was at our local club and I asked him... "How was lastnight?"...
His response was ... "What a *smile* joke.... worst *smile* winner ever!"

I must add, I got to know Brian pretty well during the time he was involved within my circle of friends and he could be the nicest bloke you ever met.... or the opposite.
Suffice to say, he had a reasonably high opinion of himself:oops:

• Haha

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Have to laugh. ... Willo was a mate of a mate and the night after Libba won he was at our local club and I asked him... "How was lastnight?"...
His response was ... "What a *smile* joke.... worst *smile* winner ever!"

I must add, I got to know Brian pretty well during the time he was involved within my circle of friends and he could be the nicest bloke you ever met.... or the opposite.
Suffice to say, he had a reasonably high opinion of himself:oops:
I had a great mate at the time who was a massive Melbourne fan and I used to go to demons games with him quite a bit. Wilson's nickname from their fans was bum because he was massive in the legs and posterior I assume.
So continually in the crowd there would be calls of " great work bum" although their fans also did have a bit of a love/hate relationship with him.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I had a great mate at the time who was a massive Melbourne fan and I used to go to demons games with him quite a bit. Wilson's nickname from their fans was bum because he was massive in the legs and posterior I assume.
So continually in the crowd there would be calls of " great work bum" although their fans also did have a bit of a love/hate relationship with him.
Yeah. .. he didn't like it coz I know someone used it when he eventually played in the Diamond Valley. . He could be a bit of an arse so it was apt on a couple of levels.
When I start thinking back now, the stuff AFL players did off field and got away with is mind blowing.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Where's the rumour mongers making up stories the kid is upset.
I haven't heard from noone that he is sooking or that he wants out.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Have heard that there was a block of players who were in the less likely to play basket that the fitness guys put a heap of work into them. Was explained that they were trying to get 2-3 yrs of gym work into them in 1 yr. with the scratch matches not being overly physical they were able to train hard each week. Some names in that group were RCD, Hugo and Naish. I don’t think the year will be a complete waste for guys like RCD.
I was thinking looking at vision of the last scratchie that RCD had lost his puppy fat and looked hard-bodied. Another six months and unleash him on Carlton.

Reactions: 5 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
From the write up of the last scratch match, Riley is hitting top form so can't be far off the firsts now. I don't see him being moved on as he has all the attributes to seamlessly slot into on mids

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
There is a essendon poster on the other site named Yoda who knows the family according to him and says the kid is happy and no plans to go anywhere
not sure the credibility but saying he is not going anywhere when his own supporters are talking about getting him makes me think it could be the case

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
From the write up of the last scratch match, Riley is hitting top form so can't be far off the firsts now. I don't see him being moved on as he has all the attributes to seamlessly slot into on mids

Spot on UKTiger, people need to take a chill pill and let things take their course.

Riley Collier-Dawkins

"Played a fantastic game. Displayed his strengths as a powerful inside midfielder, finishing with five clearances and six tackles. His hands were stronger in the contest and the highlight was his ability to explode from stoppage and power through tackles. This often created further opportunities for his teammates around the contest. Overall, a very good game."

• Love

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
RCD needs this phrase written on his bedroom wall.

"Be in a rush get better, not in a rush to reach your goal"

• Love

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Exactly.

Kid needs to learn and take his cuts ...thats life.
People need to calm the farm and stop being so harsh. He was an emergency five times in 2019. Almost all of the kids before him in the draft debuted. He admitted this built expectations internally and he let himself down by letting that get the better of him.

See here:

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
The coaches (including Dimma) spoke glowingly of RCD in particular this evening on the Members Zoom call.

Reactions: 4 users

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
What is exciting about him, is that he is still growing into his frame.

Lower body was quite strong, but was the epitome of noodle arms when he was drafted.

Is very much a high impact per possession player.

And what young kid would have that level of self awareness to look back and reflect like that?

Reactions: 6 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
And what young kid would have that level of self awareness to look back and reflect like that?

Precisely. Whilst I respect several of the people who've gone for the juggular, I think he's got a pretty high level of maturity to be able to do that as a 20yo (or thereabouts).
And I'm happy as well, that he wasn't happy to just let the year go by.

Compare his attitude to C.Ellis? One has the confidence to expect a game in his first year, whilst the other has just seemed to sit passively (maybe unfair criticism without seeing him day to day in the club) by in games he has earned and not take the opportunity by the scruff of the neck. I'm glad RCD2 has a competitive streak. I want that type of attitude in our list, particularly inside mids, KPP and rucks. I see the attitude as encouraging.

Reactions: 8 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Would love to see another fairytale debut during the finals but I suspect that with all our players now available (apart from the suspended pair) that is highly unlikely.