Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
From what I can recall he was not a high possession player as a junior but our recruiters saw enough potential in his attitude and the way he played to take him before anyone else did. They saw a skinny kid who needed bulking up before he could play the inside mid role so that is smart recruiting. I hope that message is getting through to him but of course the natural impatience of youth is making him anxious to play AFL right now when he really needs more VFL games and many more months in the gym. Contrast this approach to Melbourne who threw Jack Watts in at the deep end, totally unprepared physically and mentally to play with men who hit and tackle much harder than his schoolboy opponents. Now he's retired much earlier than many people would have expected. With the right development I hope RCD becomes a tall classy mid like many modern clearance players in other teams now. I trust our development plan and match committee to get it right.

Reactions: 9 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
We need to settle a bit kid building nicely big year hopefully 2021.We we're saying same about Balta look at him in 2020.

Reactions: 2 users

tommygun

1st of many
Aug 24, 2011
Caroline Springs
If Riley turns out like I hope (Bont, Fyfe) he will be leading the midfield brigade with Graham, Bolton, Stack, Dow, Martyn. That’s a handy bunch, add another A grade mid and our window stays open for a few more years

Reactions: 1 users

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
If Riley turns out like I hope (Bont, Fyfe) he will be leading the midfield brigade with Graham, Bolton, Stack, Dow, Martyn. That’s a handy bunch, add another A grade mid and our window stays open for a few more years
Tom Green?

Reactions: 1 user

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
It'll be a 2 year deal. Never looked like leaving.

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
It is a real long shot, I know, but it's easy for everyone to almost forget about Noah no.2 - Cumberland. I really liked his highlights vid; said at the time he reminded me of Stewie Maxfield.
Just have a hunch this kid has potential, but we haven't been able to see anything of him in our program yet. Hopeful. Love a classy leftie in the midfield or running one wing.

Reactions: 4 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
It is a real long shot, I know, but it's easy for everyone to almost forget about Noah no.2 - Cumberland. I really liked his highlights vid; said at the time he reminded me of Stewie Maxfield.
Just have a hunch this kid has potential, but we haven't been able to see anything of him in our program yet. Hopeful. Love a classy leftie in the midfield or running one wing.

Good prospects for sure
And this is why I am dead against any suggestion of trying to get Crouch from Adelaide

Reactions: 8 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Something in my waters tells me this guy is going to be ok.

I'm wrong often though

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
What a luxury to have such youth waiting for their chance - no games in two years often meant you were half way out the door, but now we have a young player with two years solid development ready to be unleashed next year with Dow and others.

Reactions: 1 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
What a luxury to have such youth waiting for their chance - no games in two years often meant you were half way out the door, but now we have a young player with two years solid development ready to be unleashed next year with Dow and others.
In the past our early picks would have had 30 games after 2 years on the list. Now they are playing 1 or 2 or in RCD case when they are ready for it. Not thrown to the wolves.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
In the past our early picks would have had 30 games after 2 years on the list. Now they are playing 1 or 2 or in RCD case when they are ready for it. Not thrown to the wolves.

Plus the flow on effect where the future draftees will also get similar development time

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Still excited about this kid. Him and Dow are going to be feeding the ball out for many years. Both class players

Reactions: 4 users