Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Best game I’ve seen him play, did some very nice things along with staying in the game , the young Cubs seem to gel very well in the middle today. Tough team to get into but the boys all put there hand up for a spot in the middle today.

Reactions: 6 users

Reverse Centaur

Tiger Cub
Aug 10, 2020
Rolled from contest to contest really well, a bit quieter in the 3rd but picked it up again in the final quarter which is a good sign his endurance is picking up.
Thought he really worked well with CCJ’s rucking which was excellent, and he Ross and Martyn smashed the stoppages.
Great signs going forward!

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Breakout game? I thought so. 30 touches & plenty of outside ball. That's growth.
while he’s hot id like too see him come in , especially with Prestia out, however other the injuries it’s unlikely anyone’s coming out at this point, he may have to wait till the Skip has a week off ...however normally wouldn’t be keen to bring a kid in on the back of one good game, however I think it’s a bit of a unique situation, so play the boy

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Damn! Crap time for R2D2 to have a big game in the ressies. Seniors just flogged St Kiddenme by a huge amount so barring injury, unlikely many will pay to much attention to a magoos game.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Name came up in the presser as a potential replacement. Dimma baulked.
Riley missed a gilt-edged opportunity in the VFL today to back up up his form from last week.
I suggest others will be preferred..

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
If he doesn't play, with all the outs. He's never going to get a gig. I know the doggies are fast. By all reports, that's not RCD's gig.

But maybe if we win the ball, we won't have to chase as much. Could he really be any worse than what we had tonight?

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Riley missed a gilt-edged opportunity in the VFL today to back up up his form from last week.
Yeah that was very noticeable by Hardwick. Not great signs.

Reactions: 3 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Hearing he doesn’t listen to coaches and stick to game plan prefers to do his own thing

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Cannot get a game on yesterday’s game in the vfl

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
We won’t truly know what we have unless he’s tried. Given the state of our midfield it’s worth the risk.
Yeah, it’s now or never.

Can‘t be emergency 10 or 12 or 15 times and keep waiting for the right time.

Deserves the chance regardless of yesterday.

Reactions: 4 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah, it’s now or never.

Can‘t be emergency 10 or 12 or 15 times and keep waiting for the right time.

Deserves the chance regardless of yesterday.
Didn't dimma say if you leave them in the vfl too long they become vfl players

Reactions: 4 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Didn't dimma say if you leave them in the vfl too long they become vfl players
Yep. No COVID VFL games made it harder but RCD had a great VFL finals series, showed he is at the level.

Let’s not make him a VFL full timer.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Hearing he doesn’t listen to coaches and stick to game plan prefers to do his own thing

I don't know if that is the case, but I think the main point here is that we either put him in the 1sts or we delist. If he won't follow the game plan then delist it is.

He wouldn't be the first player to debut after an indifferent performance in the 2nds.

At the moment we aren't getting anything out of RCD, his performances are likely influenced by the lack of opportunity he has been given. Why would you follow the game plan and do the right thing when it gets you nowhere?

RCD needs to play a few senior games in 2021, now is the opportunity, we need to see if he is good enough to make it.

DS

Reactions: 3 users