Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
More I think about it more I think *smile* it. Get him in. Sink or swim. If his best footy has been in VFL finals perhaps he needs the step up in intensity to get involved.

Worst case is he fails miserably and we move on.

Reactions: 4 users

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
No VFL games last year has really affected the kids development, but the fact that he’s been overlooked a few times now is telling. Dow & Martyn to name a couple.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
More I think about it more I think *smile* it. Get him in. Sink or swim. If his best footy has been in VFL finals perhaps he needs the step up in intensity to get involved.

Worst case is he fails miserably and we move on.
This. Our midfield is ordinary ATM and needs a rapid refresh. Ross and RCD in and see how it goes.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep hoy him in we are gonna get flogged anyway, might as well put him in as ruck rover and say see ball; get ball, give ball son have a crack and enjopy yourself.

You never know what happens he could bottle it completely or he could impress.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I'd love to see RCD, but Dimma's immediate reaction to the journo bringing RCD's name up as a potential 'in', did not inspire me with confidence.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Name came up in the presser as a potential replacement. Dimma baulked.
Riley missed a gilt-edged opportunity in the VFL today to back up up his form from last week.
I suggest others will be preferred..

I reckon Dimma is getting pissed off continually getting asked about him.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
We’ve already half way set him up to fail in his first senior trial - by making him wait so long. Now it’s an even bigger deal than it normally would have been.
I hope he gets a game this week and few more this year. We’ve just got to see if the kid has something to offer.

Reactions: 7 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
We’ve already half way set him up to fail in his first senior trial - by making him wait so long. Now it’s an even bigger deal than it normally would have been.
I hope he gets a game this week and few more this year. We’ve just got to see if the kid has something to offer.
Yep, give the kid a run, he may surprise. Being continually overlooked can’t be doing a lot for his own self belief in his abilities.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Few weeks ago we stuck a couple of kids called Nigel n Not Dusty into the side. One got a look n found he's got things to work on in the Magoos, perhaps he'll get another look at some time during the season. The other one is still playing in the Ones, growing n developing with every game he plays.
We've got injury issues at the moment to premium senior players who will be back in the team later in the year n hunting finals n perhaps another flag.
Right now there's vacancies n kids like R2D2, Naish, Rossy, Raaaalph, Cujo, Moju, Stacka, Dow need to be thrown into the team to see if they have what's required to play senior footy for the Tigers.
Difficult that we're right in the middle of a big boy game pants period, but I'd much rather go with these kids than churn out Cadds, Eggsy, Garp n Cholly.
Might be a bit of make or break time for the next gen, but it's more than time we had a proper look at what we've got in the pantry.

Reactions: 4 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Best of luck to him. Put him on a really good player and tell him to stick with him to lead him to ball. Then hopefully he can hurt them going back the other way.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Strange that hardwick balked at the question last week in the post-match presser, but has now confirmed he's in. Good luck to Riley, I'm keen to see what he can bring to the team.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Congratulations to the kid .

I won’t be shocked if he 25 touches and 2 goals and I wouldn’t be surprised if he has 8 and no impact , unique player who’s about to hopefully embark on a 200 game career Friday night

Reactions: 8 users