Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
i just dont see it with this kid. He's just so lazy off the ball, and he's not that much of a weapon with it.
but ive been wrong a hell of a lot of times before, hope im wrong again

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
We are hard on our kids aren't we? They can't all be superstars at the beginning of their careers. For me RCD and Ross are still learning but tracking nicely. Another good pre season will help. We should not forget that even Dusty took a season or two to become the superstar he is

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I think he's been harshly judged, both externally and perhaps internally.

Needs to work on his defensive work, but his clearance (a massive issue for us) and inside ball winning can become elite and quickly. If they do, he plays regardless and some of our less talented players can pick up the slack. Not ever midfielder is elite both ways and RCD doesn't have to be.

Does he have to get better? Yep, but I don't think he's that far away.

Reactions: 10 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
He has no defensive awareness. A witches hat when he doesn’t have the footy. Those stats are as useful as tits on a bull.
That stat was just to say that there is some physical pace there. He's had his two most recent years for development interrupted by COVID.
He's still young. He's still learning. He has tools. Just like half this board has said Ross is useless, but today there's some hope again.
We need to back our coaching staff and footy department. If they think there something there, he'll stay. If not, he's gone.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Yes I’m far from convinced , however I like giving a kid credit where it’s due , though we sometimes see what we want to see, RCD was in our top few with pressure acts , shows he is working harder then , me included his critics believe.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
For the life of me, can't see why he didn't play more. I always say about good inside players they need to average +10 combined tackles and clearances.

That's how you know they are getting their hands dirty. In limited game time(couldn't find his average TOG) he is at 7 (6.9).

We crave Tom Green (who is a similar defensive runner) and he is at 7.5 in what I think would be more game time.

1629596444558.png

We are desperate for centre square players and we crave a Tom Green. Looky Looky here.

1629596824568.png

Give the kid another 2 year deal now. Sign him till the end of 2024.

We've got one right here and we refuse to see it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
For the life of me, can't see why he didn't play more. I always say about good inside players they need to average +10 combined tackles and clearances.

That's how you know they are getting their hands dirty. In limited game time(couldn't fid his average TOG) he is at 7 (6.9).

We crave Tom Green (who is a similar defensive runner) and he is at 7.5 in what I think would be more game time.

View attachment 13141

We are desperate for centre square players and we crave a Tom Green. Looky Looky here.

View attachment 13142

Exactly Scoop.

We got one here. He’s gonna be a beauty.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

That's how you know they are getting their hands dirty. In limited game time(couldn't find his average TOG) he is at 7 (6.9).

View attachment 13141

View attachment 13142

Nice work scoop, just gotta keep getting games into kids like R2D2 n a few others.
Generational change is coming no matter how much we luv our current champs n wish they could go on forever.
Push the work into the youngsters n the transition will be relatively seamless, ignore them n the *smile* will hit the fan big time.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
His clearance work in the first quarter especially was encouraging. Hit the fall at speed, clean handle, quick dish. I think he had 9 touches in the first q and 10 more over the last 3, so it's pretty clear what he needs to work on.

Reactions: 4 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Not suited to turnover footy, hence his long gestation.

Game has evolved to suit his type though.

Persist at senior level, no doubt.

Reactions: 2 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Not suited to turnover footy, hence his long gestation.

Game has evolved to suit his type though.

Persist at senior level, no doubt.
The club will likely persist, because they have little option.
I have significant reservations, primarily due to average football IQ, lack of defensive pressure, tendency to lope along and ball watch, and one-dimensional skill set.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Not every player matures at the same rate. Listen to Neil Balme talk on this, he is big on letting players develop at their own rate.

His VFL form has got better each year but COVID has undoubtedly hurt his development.

Personally I am pretty confident he will be a much better player next season

RUNVS

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2008

View attachment 13141

View attachment 13142

Please don't compare RCD with Tom Green. No comparison.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang

View attachment 13141

View attachment 13142

I don’t want to sound like Mr Darkside , however it stands out like dog balls why he wasn’t played more since he was drafted ,he bludges , hed be leading the hands on hip stats easily , I don’t buy the lack of fitness anymore, no he may not be a super Olympic 1500 metre runner , however, it’s the mental running application that’s why he hasn’t played ,plus his skills are just , the other 3 mids from yesterday all debuted in front of him , not because of talent but busting there guts for the opportunity.

In saying all that negativity I can see why people see positives with each one of our 4 mid Cubs , worry for me is all have glaring weaknesses, Dow ( my fave) kicking , MartYn pace, Ross skills and pace just ok , the one thing they all have is hardness , which is the Richmond way , though there all kids and all deserve atleast another pre season and a real season , not one looks like been a true A grader imho , I can see a couple been good mids in the rotation but you don’t win premierships with a St Kilda type midfield. We won’t find a Skip or Dusty real quick however we should and need to get a meatball 2 way running A grader

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Coming along nicely , hopefully another pre season and he will finally be able to play a full game out...
For an inside midfielder his skill and decision making is quite good and combined with his ability to break free
from stoppages he will be very damaging...A lot of upside...

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
In saying all that negativity I can see why people see positives with each one of our 4 mid Cubs , worry for me is all have glaring weaknesses, Dow ( my fave) kicking , MartYn pace, Ross skills and pace just ok , the one thing they all have is hardness , which is the Richmond way , though there all kids and all deserve atleast another pre season and a real season , not one looks like been a true A grader imho , I can see a couple been good mids in the rotation but you don’t win premierships with a St Kilda type midfield. We won’t find a Skip or Dusty real quick however we should and need to get a meatball 2 way running A grader
You're not going to draft a true A grader when you're first pick is around the 20 mark, often. You may get one eventually, but they'll almost all have a deficiency in one way or another.
I don't think that's being Mr Darkside. It's more Mr Reality side.

Reactions: 1 users