Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It is a difficult decision given RCD would not have played any VFL last year. Missing a year of games will have an impact.

Don't get me wrong, would love to see RCD get a go in the seniors, but I worry that throwing him in without any recent full games in the VFL would be a risk. Then again, early season might suit.

Difficult, but we really need to give him a go this year.

DS

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I would like to see him get 20+ touches a game in the two's for a few weeks in a row to demand selection, rather than be gifted a game on what we hope he can be.

Reactions: 1 user

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
I would like to see him get 20+ touches a game in the two's for a few weeks in a row to demand selection, rather than be gifted a game on what we hope he can be.
Fully agree. Dominate the VFL then come up to AFL fully prepared. Still no rush with RCD, his prime time will be in 2022/23.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Had the conversation with Tooheys at Club80 last night about our young mids , I like what weve got coming through in RCD, Dow, Ross, Bolton and co , however imho they are not going to be close to the mids we have now, this is one hell of a midfield and I’d say it’s underrated if anything , Martin, Cotchin, Prestia and Edwards rivals any great midfield , hopefully a couple of the boys become A Graders as well as adding a couple more

Reactions: 8 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Had the conversation with Tooheys at Club80 last night about our young mids , I like what weve got coming through in RCD, Dow, Ross, Bolton and co , however imho they are not going to be close to the mids we have now, this is one hell of a midfield and I’d say it’s underrated if anything , Martin, Cotchin, Prestia and Edwards rivals any great midfield , hopefully a couple of the boys become A Graders as well as adding a couple more
Our next A grade mid might be playing at another club at the moment hopefully plug and play.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Thank God we opted out of Brad Crouch, allows us to go for someone much better.

Hopefully this is like when we ended up not going after Schache (thank you sweet baby Jesus) ...................................only to get Tom the next year.

With a bit of luck we miss Crouch and get a next level better mid instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Thank God we opted out of Matt Crouch, allows us to go for someone much better.

Hopefully this is like when we ended up not going after Schache (thank you sweet baby Jesus) ...................................only to get Tom the next year.

Thank sweet baby Balme :))

• Haha

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Thank God we opted out of Matt Crouch, allows us to go for someone much better.

When did we go for Matt Crouch? I thought we were into Brad? Either way I’m in furious agreement on avoiding Matt. He is a broken footballer.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Wholeheartedly agree, though theres a case to say that Shai is now part of the show.
Its a top 5 now

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
It is a difficult decision given RCD would not have played any VFL last year. Missing a year of games will have an impact.

Don't get me wrong, would love to see RCD get a go in the seniors, but I worry that throwing him in without any recent full games in the VFL would be a risk. Then again, early season might suit.

Difficult, but we really need to give him a go this year.

DS
Against Collingwood he had 39% game time, roughly half normal mid game time. Started slowly and had 8 disposals. Makes that 16 for first top level game.

He is ready now play him in 2/4 game stints a few times over the year.

Predicting RCD will be very good

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Against Collingwood he had 39% game time, roughly half normal mid game time. Started slowly and had 8 disposals. Makes that 16 for first top level game.

He is ready now play him in 2/4 game stints a few times over the year.

Predicting RCD will be very good

I hope you're right, but the point a few make above about RCD dominating in the VFL has merit too.

If the VFL was starting at the same time, and not in April, I would probably opt for VFL game time first.

But we really need to give him some opportunities in 2021.

It is a difficult decision, but also a brilliant position to be in that we are having trouble fitting players like RCD, but also Ross and Dow, into our team.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I would play him first three games then back to VFL for a block of games. Then he can work on what he learnt and we should see him on top in the VFL

Or he kills it in those three games and stays in.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I really like this kid.

Went to quite a few games, finals & GF in 2019 and thought he was impressive in the GF.

His burst of speed excites me.

His height and build too.

I would play him in the early games and not rush Prestia at all if he is not ready to go close to 100% .

He is a point of difference. That’s why I hope Green decides if he hasn’t left to go home and has a spot in our VFL side.

Will be watching RCD & Dow a lot this year if day & time permits like I did in 2019.

VFL games when there isn’t a AFL game to have to get too after is great. Atmosphere is...

Reactions: 3 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
I really like this kid.

Went to quite a few games, finals & GF in 2019 and thought he was impressive in the GF.

His burst of speed excites me.

His height and build too.

I would play him in the early games and not rush Prestia at all if he is not ready to go close to 100% .

He is a point of difference. That’s why I hope Green decides if he hasn’t left to go home and has a spot in our VFL side.

Will be watching RCD & Dow a lot this year if day & time permits like I did in 2019.

VFL games when there isn’t a AFL game to have to get too after is great. Atmosphere is...
The problem Waiting is that his previous finals were low possession games about 8 not good numbers for a midfielder.

Hopefully he has developed a better ball radar since then.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
The problem Waiting is that his previous finals were low possession games about 8 not good numbers for a midfielder.

Hopefully he has developed a better ball radar since then.
Thought he improved towards the end of 19, but yes you are right but our game style isn’t based on our midfield getting huge numbers..

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
They are all great players and its always hard to replace them (specially Martin as he is generational player) but lets be honest
Edwards has brilliant hands and is a gem but can be replaced with perhaps - Bolton / Dow in the future
Cotchin is all grunt these days and Graham / Martyn / Ross are all showing they are headed in the right direction
X- Factor types are the RCD/Bolton/Ralphsmith types

Im sure when they are retired we will get just as excited about the next crop with the following players all having 3-4 years under their belts

Dow , Martyn , Bolton , Stack , RCD , Cumberland , Ross , Graham and maybe 2-3 more to come this years draft

And the option of free agency is always a possibility