Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I may have read too much into how long it’s taken , and as a result had low expectations

He went much better than I expected
Yep. Just watched the replay and was really impressed with his game. I reckon he'll be getting more consistent games from now on.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Was impressed with this fella last night. Didn't seem overawed at all. Was pretty hard at it in the clinches. Not a blinding start, but a really solid platform we can build upon.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He looks so young, face like a kid. Last year would not have helped his development so his performance last night was great considering a year with little development. More experience, maybe a bit more bulk and he could be excellent.

DS

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Here

Attachments

• 586884_bfc86206b99ac5c9f65648f0409c8f19.jpg
    586884_bfc86206b99ac5c9f65648f0409c8f19.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Watching the replay again, would have to change my 6 out of 10 to a 7, lots of little positives that you don’t pick up live at the footy. With Dusty back he stays in in front of Ross for mine. Prestia said Friday night he’ll miss more games so id like to see him maintain that role. Another great test coming Friday night, RCD’s zip may well work as a bit of a weapon against the lumbering Cats midfield

Reactions: 5 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I actually think this time of year , when we have some of our stars out , who aren’t firing on all 8 cylinders now anyway like they should be later in the year .

It’s not quite as bad as it might look on paper , having kids in , who are giving it everything to try and impress instead , these games are like finals to them .

. It has served us well the last couple of years . It almost seems to freshen up the joint.

Reactions: 7 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Anyone notice his character when the boys pushed him to lead into the rooms and just quickly walked down on his own before realising the rest are way behind? Probably the reason he's taken so long to debut along with some of Dimma's doubts when he gets asked about RCD. Just looks like he's a bit unorthodox with the team protocols.
Reading way to much into it.
Boys pushed both R2D2 n Naishy forward to lead the side off. Reckon the kids would be a touch embarrassed at the best of times leading the team off with the cameras in their face. The boys dropped back, same as they did to Nigel a few weeks ago, but Naishy noticed what was going on n ducked back to the group which left R2D2 out front on his own.

There's not much that the players can do these days to have a bit of a *smile* take n poke fun at their mates without the media catching it and things then being over analysed to the Nth degree.

Reactions: 10 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I actually think this time of year , when we have some of our stars out , who aren’t firing on all 8 cylinders now anyway like they should be later in the year .

It’s not quite as bad as it might look on paper , having kids in , who are giving it everything to try and impress instead , these games are like finals to them .

. It has served us well the last couple of years . It almost seems to freshen up the joint.

The only downside to this is the poor bastards that don't make the Grand Final 22 despite doing nothing wrong

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Anyone notice his character when the boys pushed him to lead into the rooms and just quickly walked down on his own before realising the rest are way behind? Probably the reason he's taken so long to debut along with some of Dimma's doubts when he gets asked about RCD. Just looks like he's a bit unorthodox with the team protocols.
I noticed that and had my own thoughts but didn't want to post in case ppl thought I was a prick! I've watched him in similar situations a few times. Even during the GF and celebration in the room after he looked emotionless and really uncomfortable. I just think he's either very shy or socially awkward. Caveat I can only base my judgements on what I've seen on TV and game day. It would be interesting to hear @caesar or the guys that go to training opinions. Not that it matters at all as we know it takes all kinds and he's still only a kid. I really like what he brings, It gives us a different dimension. The big body we've been crying out for.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I noticed that and had my own thoughts but didn't want to post in case ppl thought I was a prick! I've watched him in similar situations a few times. Even during the GF and celebration in the room after he looked emotionless and really uncomfortable. I just think he's either very shy or socially awkward. Caveat I can only base my judgements on what I've seen on TV and game day. It would be interesting to hear @caesar or the guys that go to training opinions. Not that it matters at all as we know it takes all kinds and he's still only a kid. I really like what he brings, It gives us a different dimension. The big body we've been crying out for.
I think that he thinks he should have debuted 2 years ago and to him it is not surprising that he went ok. Hardwick has told most debutant's one on one that that they are to debut but RCD was told in the team meeting. I thought that was a little odd.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I think that he thinks he should have debuted 2 years ago and to him it is not surprising that he went ok. Hardwick has told most debutant's one on one that that they are to debut but RCD was told in the team meeting. I thought that was a little odd.

Hardwick had already told him. He then told everyone else at the team meeting.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Happy with the kids game , didn’t show he’s strengths , however showed the 1% stuff , I actually liked his 14 touch game more then I would if he had 25 and kicked 2 goals, lot of Richmond footy about the way he played tonight , how’s that for a game to debut in , great signs
Agree. Also liked the fact that he went to Bont and fought out possessions at every opportunity. And a lovely long kick.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Watching the replay again, would have to change my 6 out of 10 to a 7, lots of little positives that you don’t pick up live at the footy. With Dusty back he stays in in front of Ross for mine. Prestia said Friday night he’ll miss more games so id like to see him maintain that role. Another great test coming Friday night, RCD’s zip may well work as a bit of a weapon against the lumbering Cats midfield
Hope he stands Selwood.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Hope he stands Selwood.

Jake Aarts could beat Selwood these days.

Hes on a very steep decline.

but I wont ever be smug about the decline of an old champ warrior.

Cotchy is probably only 12 or 18 months behind him.