Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He was ok, but just 2 SI's when we have 40 scores isn't enough.

Will lose his place next week for Cotch you would expect.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Not sure he we can afford not to invest games in him. We really have limited young midfielders.

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
The kid just needs to believe in himself I reckon. Played alright early but faded in and out. Did mostly the right thing but no confidence to dance his own dance.

Reactions: 3 users

Juffaricho

"Pressure wins Premierships"
Oct 26, 2007
Not everyone's development can be displayed as a linear line. A guy with his size and power and ability to win a contested ball will always be given extra time. Because if they eventually get it, they are so valuable. Dan Jackson figured it out in his 10th season (2013) and shocked everyone. However he spent many a year as a tagger which is probably the role Riley would be playing at this stage of his development if it was 15 years ago.

Reactions: 7 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
The kid just needs to believe in himself I reckon. Played alright early but faded in and out. Did mostly the right thing but no confidence to dance his own dance.

At the game and this seemed to sum it up. Lacking confidence led to a lot of what appeared to be indecisiveness.

Looks to have huge potential but if he can’t get his confidence up we will never know if he could make it.

Pity we can’t transfer some of Gibcus’ confidence in to him. I have never seen such an assured first year player in my life. Plays the game like it is his birthright to be out there. We have a beauty here, make no mistake.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I thought he needed to show more considering the opposition to be honest.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
At the game and this seemed to sum it up. Lacking confidence led to a lot of what appeared to be indecisiveness.

Looks to have huge potential but if he can’t get his confidence up we will never know if he could make it.
Reckon R2D2 plays like he's been the big arse kid who's always been told to play nice n not flatten all the little tackers on his way through.
Done some fairly decent work during the game last night n yet there was a couple of moments where he had the option of head down n arse up charge through for a loose ball n he allowed others to come through. Either to much " duty of care " or " timid " n I'm hoping it's the first option n he just needs some more consistent game to learn about beast mode.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Just average. With Chimp and Dusty to come back in, he’s under threat.

If you're a fringe player, these are the sorts of games you need to fill your boots stats wise like MRJ did. If you don't, you're out.