Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

RichoMan28

#GoTiges
Mar 21, 2010
One of the first gone for mine.
Still can’t run out a game. If he was a pick 70 he’d be gone already.

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Frankston probably suits then.
Matthew Clarke recruited this unlikely young fellow to RFC as an inside mid. I have no idea why we still act as if Clarke got it right.

From the Great Potato Era we have Baker! Ross and Ralphsmith. All flawed but will play seniors. We want to cadge one more player. And rather than persevere with the bizarre delusion that RCD is a midfielder give the bloke a chance at what he is, not good at, but less bad at. HFF.

To do that we begin by pushing back at Matthew Clarke's Great Potato Era. And playing our #ND20 as a VFL HFF. To give him a chance to not be outclassed.

Opportunity has to be realistic. RCD VFA mid is a delusion. And we know where it began.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Matthew Clarke recruited this unlikely young fellow to RFC as an inside mid. I have no idea why we still act as if Clarke got it right.

From the Great Potato Era we have Baker! Ross and Ralphsmith. All flawed but will play seniors. We want to cadge one more player. And rather than persevere with the bizarre delusion that RCD is a midfielder give the bloke a chance at what he is, not good at, but less bad at. HFF.

To do that we begin by pushing back at Matthew Clarke's Great Potato Era. And playing our #ND20 as a VFL HFF. To give him a chance to not be outclassed.

Opportunity has to be realistic. RCD VFA mid is a delusion. And we know where it began.
Personally, think he has more chance of being a successful Group 1 jockey (his real passion and ambition) than a successful HFF.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Personally, think he has more chance of being a successful Group 1 jockey (his real passion and ambition) than a successful HFF.

This is a great notion, Redders. Dimma should send a note like this to Balme about Clarke's recruiting.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
“Don’t recruit wannabe Damien Oliver’s you idiot Clarke !!!”

Oh, no. Damien Oliver is fine - he's smart.

For Riley - big white sticks. Run straight. Kick ball etc. Hurt smalls, not ours.

The very notion that RCD could play mid, with his massively hampered football IQ was hilarious. (Are there any other low IQs with Clarke fingerprints? They don't call it the Great Potato Era for nothing.)

What the club does is overrule Clarke, give the very slow RCD a chance at HFF. And maybe get another flanker. If RCD doesn't make it we didn't deny a battler a chance at an easy position because we listened to a recruiting manager who got it very wrong. We gave him a go at a ow goal.

RFC is about Kool Aid. I'm about understatement.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

This is the area of great debate, Olds. I'm saying let the kid play forward in the VFA and he might even make it in the AFL. Redders is rightly potting RCD at anything at any level.

But I think we all agree that he gets a chance to do something before we delist him.

The elephant in the room is we've all seen him as a delist for years.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Richmond have 6 more VFL games this season. I think it’s safe to say RCD has 6 more games in the Tiger colours then he,ll be free to look elsewhere.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
RCD couldn't get a game in our depleted midfielder lineup. Papers stamped. Hope that's a lesson. Never use your higher draft picks on a project player. RCD always required a lot of developing and it's too costly, especially for a midfielder to wait 5 years to find out that they're not good enough.

Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I didn’t mind the pick at the time. He showed a few qualities that were exciting ie big body, quick over the first 5 metres etc. There was, and it’s been proven to be the case, bugger all after pick 20 anyway.

He was inconsistent I thought (and a few people from the Oakleigh Chargers told me as much) and a poor kick at times, but I thought we could work on his consistency.

We haven’t been able to. Time to move on.

Reactions: 3 users