Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore

pumped

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 14, 2014
Calder Cannons | 3/9/96 | Ht: 193 | Wt: 87

“Cal oozes X-factor and could be our highest draft pick. He has elite agility, speed for his size and a great leap. He is still learning the game – he’s going to get better over the next two years. He’s played mostly as a key forward but he might project best as a key defender – he’s got the tank to run up the ground. For him, his kicking score of 18 was exceptional, because I don’t think I’ve ever seen him kick left foot, so he’s managed to get at least probably three 2’s or a 3 on his left foot at the combine. He’s real extreme, he can drill the ball from 60m and hit somebody, or he shanks one shooting for goal from 20m out.“ – Calder Cannons’ talent manager Ian Kyte

Found at http://www.sen.com.au/news/11-15/bretts-final-2015-afl-mock-draft#84IaHeMtqupsJA4p.99

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l9HaPlgbps

Seems worth a shot. Excellent.

kicking action is a real worry though.

69 vintage

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2013
Has hard nosed quick defender written all over him .Reminds me of a young Rance kicking action dodgey but speed and vertical leap impressive .

pumped

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 14, 2014
Excluding state-leaguer Marcon, our first 5 draft and rookie picks are all athletically gifted with plenty of scope for improvement as footballers.

They may not all convert but if half of them come on we've done very well.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Strange kicking action.

I remember watching that Vic Metro and WA match though and thinking "gee if only this guy could kick!".

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I like him. Looks strong, a good mark, bit of speed and looks from his highlights on the afl site that he maybe played a bit through the middle. Good either play as a 3rd defender, 3rd forward or even a taller midfielder I reckon.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yes, a lot to like: the speed, the spring. Kicking might need work but there's plenty of time to develop that. (Reminds me of Richo in front of goals: gets the tough ones from sharp angles; missed from near dead in front).

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Rancey18 said:
Strange kicking action.

I remember watching that Vic Metro and WA match though and thinking "gee if only this guy could kick!".

I thought that was the pass mark in the Greg Miller days.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
He literally drops the footy rather than guide it down by hand. No idea if this is a repairable action though. You'd assume so but....

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
mrposhman said:
I like him. Looks strong, a good mark, bit of speed and looks from his highlights on the afl site that he maybe played a bit through the middle. Good either play as a 3rd defender, 3rd forward or even a taller midfielder I reckon.

Me too!!

Takes a good grab & looks very fast for his size!
Definitely worth the pick.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
The good thing is that it appears his bad kicking is 'consistent' in that it appears to fade right. He kicks through it but the ball drops to the right. When he kicks from distance without thinking he gets good length and line.

His field kicking also seems to fade right a bit too.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
They say the hardest thing to do as coach is fix a players kicking action.
Once they have a certain style, it's hard to change.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
se7en said:
They say the hardest thing to do as coach is fix a players kicking action.
Once they have a certain style, it's hard to change.
After coaching quite a few juniors I can say pretty confidently this is true.It's not impossible but they have their work cut out.

Apart from his kicking, looks a real talent though. Reminds me of 'the package'. Just seems to be missing the bow.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
evo said:
After coaching quite a few juniors I can say pretty confidently this is true.It's not impossible but they have their work cut out.

Apart from his kicking, looks a real talent though. Reminds me of 'the package'. Just seems to be missing the bow.

Can't fix his kicking now.

Won't make it on that fact alone. Surprise pick really.