Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Giardiasis said:

Yeah, I see something.

Effort. Tick.
Getting to the right spots. Tick.
Bringing it to ground. Tick.
Clunking the ones he should. Cross. And that's fine.

The only thing I want to see is if he can become that second ruck. I think he can.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
SCOOP said:
Yeah, I see something.

Effort. Tick.
Getting to the right spots. Tick.
Bringing it to ground. Tick.
Clunking the ones he should. Cross. And that's fine.

The only thing I want to see is if he can become that second ruck. I think he can.

He did some rucking against St Kilda but didnt manage to get a tap
I like Moore, He adds alot of flexibility and play a similar role to jack or is trying to but yet to get there

Happy we are getting games into him as my fear was if Jack got an injury during finals we would have nothing in line atleast Moore is learning the role and is a backup of sorts

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Done a couple of nice things during the Saints game, also managed a solid handful of nearly almost got it things during the game. Happy to persist with the kid, he's gotta learn the ropes somehow n far better to get some education now rather than throwing him into a final n praying in a few weeks.

Stoobes

Tiger Rookie
May 24, 2005
123kid said:
I wish people would look past height assumptions with player positions more often.

Moore is a poor tall IMO, but clearly a solid medium player with his knock ons and ground level work. Most treat him and rates himike a tall forward. Coaches play him one out at full forward against Carlisle. Just because he’s tall, doesn’t mean he’s a tall..

Height is always less important than how they play and what they’re good at doing... Castagna and Townsend are arguably better talls than Moore.

Yep agree with this, he has some pace and agility for a player his size. Get a tank on him and I can see him doing the late career Richo type role eventually, leading up the wings.
Who knows if he'll make it but definitely worth getting games in while we can, I see something there.
In saying that I'd love to get Towna back in some form before finals, he's the one we need firing this season.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
A trier but tends forget the basics at times and allows turnover ball. A couple of nice touches that indicate he may well come good in time but for next week should make way for the Towner as it is not going to be a game for the fainthearted

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Seymour was overlooked despite the absence of Reiwoldt and Caddy. Can't see him getting a game as a forward if the selectors rate him below Weller.

He has good pace and a great leap. If Balta remains a second ruck rather than a backman then would it be better to play him as a defender at VFL level and at least have him apprenticed if we have to break the glass in case of another emergency?

RICHO_12

Tiger Superstar
Jul 1, 2004
Thinking the same about Chol.... with Jack out and neither in consideration for 2nd Ruck/KPF then I think their days are numbered

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Seymour was overlooked despite the absence of Reiwoldt and Caddy. Can't see him getting a game as a forward if the selectors rate him below Weller.

He has good pace and a great leap. If Balta remains a second ruck rather than a backman then would it be better to play him as a defender at VFL level and at least have him apprenticed if we have to break the glass in case of another emergency?

Was just about to post the same thing.

Will probably consider his options if he can't crack it for a game this season.

Rance is 30 this year, Grimes and Astbury are both late 20's. He played down back a bit in his first season, i reckon its worth trying him down back in the VFL.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
tigerman said:
Was just about to post the same thing.

Will probably consider his options if he can't crack it for a game this season.

Rance is 30 this year, Grimes and Astbury are both late 20's. He played down back a bit in his first season, i reckon its worth trying him down back in the VFL?
Opposition clubs are lining up for him next year already. He is very likely to get traded imo.

Decent player, on the cusp of AFL level and deserves a chance at another club

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Sintiger said:
Opposition clubs are lining up for him next year already. He is very likely to get traded imo.

Agree

I think we could do worse than give him a few games in defence though, just to see how he goes.

Interesting to see Miller play forward a bit last week, if they continue to try him there, then Moore might be given a run in defence.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Sintiger said:

With Riewoldt at 30 I’d like to see us keep him but Riewoldt could still play at 35.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Tom Lynch only walked at training this morning, and only kicked short passes, while CuJo did the drills as a forward and practised goalkicking. On the surface it looks like he's ahead of Moore as a forward/ruck.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
DirtyDogTiger said:
Cal Moore has Riewoldt-like abilities that go beyond lynch like power burst kick mark.
He could be used at afl level as a tall flanker

Yep. Needs to harden up a bit with his soft disposals but we need him as depth.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The only value Moore has for us is in a trade.
Very similar player to the bloke that left GWS and went to Freo. Kicks 5 goals and then disappears for the next 10 weeks

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Just don’t see it with Moore.

Classic reserves player but struggles at next level.