Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Could easily have a decent career at another club and probably should give it a shot. Consistently good performer at vfl level and has played well enough at afl level to suggest he could do ok if he got a run at it.
He’s a casualty of our strong list.

Reactions: 1 user

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
I see him on a wing like Richo.
I have a recurring dream where both Moore and Balta are our wingers. Bit late for this year, but this could be part of the template for total domination. These are seriously big, fast boys with a big leap. If they can build a gut-running tank and play to a consistently high level, they could form two-thirds of the modern prototype centre line. This would help solve what has been a long-standing problem – a weakness in the air between the arcs.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
We gave away Lloydy cheapy.
We cant do the same with moore.
Collingwood got firsr rounders for Kennedy wellingham and seedsman

Here you go again with falsehoods:

Adelaide gave up pick #32 for Seedsman who had played 50 games already
Melbourne gave up pick #68 & Jeremy Howe for Pies #32 and Kennedy (25 games at that stage)
Wellingham was traded for pick #17 and they picked up Grundy (great outcome) but Wellingham had played 91 games by that stage

None of first two were anywhere near a round 1 pick. All had played significantly more games than Moore who has only played 8 over now 4 years. There is no way in the world anyone is giving a first rounder for Moore particularly since he's not even contracted. Would probably go no better than 3rd round if he nominated for the national draft and even that would be doubtful.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
I have a recurring dream where both Moore and Balta are our wingers. Bit late for this year, but this could be part of the template for total domination. These are seriously big, fast boys with a big leap. If they can build a gut-running tank and play to a consistently high level, they could form two-thirds of the modern prototype centre line. This would help solve what has been a long-standing problem – a weakness in the air between the arcs.

I have a recurring dream that I have a gut-running tank but when I wake up, I just have a gut.
Endurance can be improved but if they aren’t born as an endurance based athlete they will only develop so far. A wingers primary asset is his endurance and think both Moore and Balta are fast twitch power athletes more than run all day types.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I'm not so sure about that. Watching Balta all last year he seemed to come into it more in the last quarter.

Moore I'm not sure about. He has some great traits for wing or FF but I think it must be footy IQ holding him back. It's a shame he wasn't played when JR8 first went down as he could have drawn a bit more heat away from Liability.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
I like him. JR has a couple of years left, Cal could play second tall forward or third tall defender.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Here you go again with falsehoods:

Adelaide gave up pick #32 for Seedsman who had played 50 games already
Melbourne gave up pick #68 & Jeremy Howe for Pies #32 and Kennedy (25 games at that stage)
Wellingham was traded for pick #17 and they picked up Grundy (great outcome) but Wellingham had played 91 games by that stage

None of first two were anywhere near a round 1 pick. All had played significantly more games than Moore who has only played 8 over now 4 years. There is no way in the world anyone is giving a first rounder for Moore particularly since he's not even contracted. Would probably go no better than 3rd round if he nominated for the national draft and even that would be doubtful.

Howe for kennedy, who won that?
Kennedy for Grundy, who won that?
Seriously any thing under pick 880 for Kennedy was a bargin.
And the same for wellingham.
Its like us getting pick 30 for Bulter and pick 16 for short.
Collingwood were dancing in the street.
They got Degoey for The injury prone dud beams and throw in crisp on top.
Collingwood ripped Brisbane a new one.
Imagine degoey next to Hipwood??
Could cost them a flag...

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I hope he stays, we had Elton on our list for 6 seasons, i can't see why we shouldn't give Moore another year, prefer him to Soldo at this stage.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Moore played very well in the VFL first game back. Was a bit shocked tbh how well he was moving.
If you wanted for a poor man's JR8 replacement then he's right there. I hope we keep him but suspect we won't be able to.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Howe for kennedy, who won that? Pies but wasn't for a first round pick
Kennedy for Grundy, who won that? Wasn't for Kennedy, was for pick #17 for Wellingham - who had played over 90 games - agree a win for Pies - but if they went any of the next 5 picks in that draft; Hrovat, Towers, Paparone, Wright,White; they would have lost out

As I said we won't be getting a high draft pick for Moore.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I’m sorry cal hasn’t got an op , his injury was untimely , has a heap of ability and I thought at various times could have been selected ahead of townso and a couple of others , ha e little doubt that clubs would be keen to throw a lifeline , sadly prob won’t realise us any better than 55 or so

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Another reason the about face on Schache seems an excellent decision.