Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland - Callum Moore

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
On the bigfooty tiger podcast tiger71 reckons Cal might be heading to Hawthorn. He looked quality first VFL game back after injury. It's a shame we don't get to see him in the seniors to determine how much he's developed. Hawks may get a steal.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
On the bigfooty tiger podcast tiger71 reckons Cal might be heading to Hawthorn. He looked quality first VFL game back after injury. It's a shame we don't get to see him in the seniors to determine how much he's developed. Hawks may get a steal.
has T71 ever been correct ?

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Fremantle got pick 63 for Shane Kerston. Similar players
I would expect the same in return.
Is there any hawthorn players worth taking? I don’t think so.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Tigs 71 kept doubling and tripling down on Lynchmond picking the Tigers.

Has been correct on a fair few rumors over time.

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Seymour to Hawks makes sense to me. Might depend on whether they pick up Patton or not.
I'm quite concerned about other clubs taking aim at RFC's staff and players because of 1) How effective and successful we are now and 2) Because they are such failures and losers currently. I'm talking about the Essendon and Hawthorns of the comp and others. Our VFL squad is loaded with talent and potential acquired by our astute and diligent personnel making great selections over recent years, same for the choice of assistant coaches like Rutton and Caracella.
Meanwhile Hawthorn typically seek to rip promising or seasoned players from other clubs constantly. I know we made deals for the likes of Prestia and Lynch, but the Dawks have done this for what seems like the last 15 years. I admit they have developed and lost many good coaches and staff though.
As for the Bummers, when the 'drug your way to the top' plan didn't work, they've launched the "Tigers Mark 11 - with the red stripe".
Tell them to rack off and find and develop their own talent. Moore is a required player for us. No-one really knows what his full potential is yet. Been saying for years, he is not merely a possible forward, might be a handy back or wingman. Just beginning his career. He's ours and we should explore his capabilities before anyone else. Match their offers. If FA BEllis wants to go for more $$, fine, so expend on keeping our young talent.
The same goes for nearly all our players IMO.

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
Our VFL team finished on top of the ladder with 16 wins. We are a strong chance for the VFL premiership this year. I have been to watch the VFL team every game this year and I have loved the way they have played and all the wins.
Our AFL team will finish in the top four. We are a strong chance for the AFL premiership this year.
IMO it has been a fantastic effort by our entire list (bar Rance due to injury) and I am feeling very grateful for their efforts.

Why the hell are some posters on this forum wanting to trade players on our list and talking about possible trades at this time when there are two premierships to be won this year and all of our players in our VFL and AFL teams will be busting their guts to win the premierships for the club, themselves and for all of us supporters?. IMO all of us supporters should be strongly supporting all of our players at this time and all through the finals series. Talk of trades should simply wait until after our teams have completed their seasons.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I'm really not that fussed on Moore. Watched him in VFL an he was hopelessly out of form. This is his 4th year now nearly complete, he's turning 23yo. Should be ready to go now but seems to still have a lot of development needed. I see him as a forward and who does he replace? Is out of contract, will we offer another year anyway?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Fremantle got pick 63 for Shane Kersten. Similar players
I would expect the same in return.
Is there any hawthorn players worth taking? I don’t think so.

Looks like I've converted you, the other day you were asking for 1st rounder for Moore. Kerston had played 37 games in 3 years for the Cats including 17 in his last year before being traded so probably had a bit more value. But yes a similar aged player. Pick 63 would be a good result considering he's not contracted. Kersten looks finished at Fremantle btw. Only 29 games in 3 years, none this year.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Sorry to see Callum go . Didn’t get much of a chance but a bit hard to score a gig with JR8 and the Lynchpin at the moment. Never gonna be a No 1 forward but a handy back up as a 2nd or 3rd tall. Might get a gig elsewhere, but maybe not. Better than a lot of other cats in that role at other clubs like Essendon etc.
Good luck Callum and thanks for being a Richmond Man!

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Thought he struggled even at VFL level. Was on our list long enough. Just not good enough at AFL level.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Had an opportunity that plenty never get, guess there's always players that are nearly, almost, not quite up to the level for AFL n this is the unfortunate time of year when clubs reset their lists for future years. Good luck to Callum wherever he goes n thanks for all the effort.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Thought he struggled even at VFL level. Was on our list long enough. Just not good enough at AFL level.
Menadue and somehow Towner was obvious, but I thought Moore could've developed into a good enough depth FF in case Jack and Lynch got injured.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
]
Missed 12/13 weeks with a busted ankle and struggled on return before that was killing it

Only played 4 rounds early on. 14,9,9,6 disposals. Was hardlly kllling it. Was very hot and cold. Played ok at VFL level but nothing to warrant a call up. All of CCJ, Balta, Chol are better options.

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Thanks for the efforts Callum. Gee he got close a couple of times. Needed to be a more accurate set shot, but I guess that’s the way it goes.

All the best dude! Always a tiger.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Another Bean. A good VFL player but unable o translate that form into AFL level. Maybe some other club will get the best out of him . Good luck to him in his future career